New $3 Pro Version Of ES File Explorer Removes Bloat

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Every good Android modder needs a good root file browser. This allows you to access system files which can be altered to customize your device. With a good root file browser you can change a boot image, boot animation, or change your battery percentage indicator. One of the best file browsers in the Play Store is the ES File Explorer. The simple interface and easy navigation set it apart from the crowd making it a community favorite.

As of recently many folks have felt less kindly about the app as they have added some pretty intrusive bloatware to the apps. The free app actually causes pop ups. UGGGHHH! This is all in an effort to monetize one of the most popular file browsers around and who can blame the app's developers. Everyone should be paid for their work. That being said ES File Explorer has just released a paid version of the app. For $3 you can get rid of most of the new bloat and continue to use one of your all time favorite file explorers.

via AndroidPolice

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't get popups on my phone, unless you are referring to the new "Homepage" that first loads when you open ES. That's not intrusive at all.

boidsonly

Reaction score
ES is too late, made the switch to Solid Explorer last week. No complaints so far.

JDH

Reaction score
Does your phone have to be rooted to use these?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Like PereDroid, I have use ES File Explorer on my Droid Turbo and have used it on my last three or four phones. Non were rooted, the app is the free version and I have never seen pop up ads. I am happy that indont and hope they don't start with a future app update.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk