New 2 android

mikacutie

Reaction score
I have had my Pro for less than a week, but had the Incredible for a few weeks and hated the all touch screen because I am coming from Blackberry Bold. I need buttons :)I've been reading the threads trying to pick up things here and there. Some of the "droid" terminology I am completely clueless to. Can someone please explain "root" to me and what it does? Are there different types or is it a one time thing you do to customize your phone even more? Also, it my understanding correct that once you "root" you void your warranty.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum! be sure to browse thru the Droid Discussions section for topics on all things Droid, and then head over to the separate section devoted entirely to the Pro. tons of info in here, and plenty of people willing to answer questions - you'll get the swing of it in no time, and you'll be grateful for your escape from RIM! ;)

as for rooting, start here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html i'm not exactly sure, but i don't know that the Pro has been rooted yet....??

jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and join in the fun! :)