never successful with 4G

Dolly

Reaction score
I've had my bionic for maybe 8 months. I really like it except that I've never been successful with 4g. I have to keep it in 3G all the time. I live in Charlotte NC. stock. Every time I try out 4G it cuts out on me. Phone is not what was sold to me. Has any one has a problem like this?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Hold out a few weeks for the ice cream sandwich ota, it seems to have a much better lte radio based on the leaks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bbucks36

Reaction score
I've had my bionic for maybe 8 months. I really like it except that I've never been successful with 4g. I have to keep it in 3G all the time. I live in Charlotte NC. stock. Every time I try out 4G it cuts out on me. Phone is not what was sold to me. Has any one has a problem like this?

you just told the story of 90% of bionic owners that are using the stock GB os. .886 to .905 the 4g data sucked b@lls. like linuxgator said ICS is close by. there are leaks to relieve some of the pressures of a failed OS on a awesome phone. when will the OTA ICS be out is still in the air but its close (end of the month i hope close). there are leaks that are out. some leaks you will be able to go back to GB to recieve that OTA. others you will possibly be stuck (.235 to .242) the safe leaks .2233 to .232 will let you beable to recieve the OTA release by just reinstalling GB. at no point do you need root access. so the choice is yours. with the leaks it will stop the 4g data loss. theres plenty of post out there that will show you how and with a little bit of reading, the knowledge you aquire , the more you will love your phone.

Last edited:

Bfp

Reaction score
When im in a 4G area my 4G seems to work great and im on .905 stock now you get out about 7 miles away in the hills and heavily treed area then it drops out but so does my 3G..i have seen 4g speeds up to 32Mbps download and 22Mbps upload, i have had my bionic since middle of June.

bbucks36

Reaction score
YMMV on the .902 or .905. For me the last gb update was horrid. its funny how same device can vary from user to user.

OP
D

Dolly

Reaction score
Yes I've kept up with the 4G issue here since the beginning and its hard to believe Motorola hasn't done anything about it. I've done the resets and gotten a new Sim card. Nothing has helped. Other than that the phone has performed well. 4g is a joke on this phone. I'm not one to root. Just want the phone I paid for.

bbucks36

Reaction score
we all thought we would get the phone we paid for. well with the OTA sure to come out and if there anything like the leaks . ICS will fix the 4g drop. ive been running the leaks for months now with no 4g loss.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I swear each bionic is different. I had one like your's but got a refurbished unit sent by verizon, and it has been awesome

JohnFH

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
I swear each bionic is different. I had one like your's but got a refurbished unit sent by verizon, and it has been awesome

This is a great point. My CLN Bionic with a new SIM card has had very few data drops compared to my original Bionic.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
JohnFH said:
This is a great point. My CLN Bionic with a new SIM card has had very few data drops compared to my original Bionic.

Yeah, I got a new sim also

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Dolly said:
Yes I've kept up with the 4G issue here since the beginning and its hard to believe Motorola hasn't done anything about it. I've done the resets and gotten a new Sim card. Nothing has helped. Other than that the phone has performed well. 4g is a joke on this phone. I'm not one to root. Just want the phone I paid for.

Amen to that.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Never had the problem in the first place (except on previous software versions) but I've got a CLN phone and same SIM card, 4G works the same as it did before, which is pretty good actually.

OP
D

Dolly

Reaction score
Yea! With ICS 4G is finally working. No data drops today.