Never sbfd before, should I be afraid?

loki993

Reaction score
Ok, Im on Liberty 2.0.1 and I want to try the new CM7. To do that I need to SBF, but Ive never done it.

So basically what do I need to know?

Ill need z4 root to reroot afterwards correct? But once I SBF it will not be there and titanium back will no longer work becasue it needs root access?

Also will I lose clockwork recovery or is that the stock Droid recovery console?

What else, cant think of anything right now, I just want to make sure I dont end up bricking my phone doing this thats all.

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes Hello if dwnld z4 from computer u can put it where u want, if u do it from computer im not 100% sure where it will b, but u will have it on your sd card all the time unless u erase ur sd card, but it will b there. ,as far as titanium it will not work right froyo /gb +on top of that I believe it was incorrect up in Cyanogenmod, so i just used root tools. As far as clockwork that's ur "Nandroid" backup u dont loose that either.
B 4 u do all this dwnld RSD lite and that sbf file and make sure u get the motorola drivers 2. If ur going to flash roms u might as well dive in u have to learn sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:

pressguy27

Reaction score
Ok, Im on Liberty 2.0.1 and I want to try the new CM7. To do that I need to SBF, but Ive never done it.

Ill need z4 root to reroot afterwards correct? But once I SBF it will not be there and titanium back will no longer work becasue it needs root access?

Also will I lose clockwork recovery or is that the stock Droid recovery console?

What else, cant think of anything right now, I just want to make sure I dont end up bricking my phone doing this thats all.

U shouldn't have to sbf if your on liberty 2.0.1 bc that is froyo base and u need to be on froyo to flash cm

Sent from my DROID2

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Yes Hello if dwnld z4 from computer u can put it where u want, if u do it from computer im not 100% sure where it will b, but u will have it on your sd card all the time unless u erase ur sd card, but it will b there. ,as far as titanium it will not work right froyo /gb +on top of that I believe it was incorrect up in Cyanogenmod, so i just used root tools. As far as clockwork that's ur "Nandroid" backup u dont loose that either.
B 4 u do all this dwnld RSD lite and that sbf file and make sure u get the motorola drivers 2. If ur going to flash roms u might as well dive in u have to learn sometime.

So titamium doesnt work with CM? Hmmm, that sucks. Ive never used root tools. Is that similar? I suppose it is.

I know the nandroid backup will be fine, but what I was talking about was the actual clockwork recovery tool/app bootloader. Is that the stock droid booter or is that one that loaded on?

I know there is an app that you can download and pay for that will SBF the phone for you, but I dont want to do that. I want to at least do it a couple times the "right" or long way first to learn. Plus why pay for something when I can do it for free.

U shouldn't have to sbf if your on liberty 2.0.1 bc that is froyo base and u need to be on froyo to flash cm

Sent from my DROID2

Everything Ive read has said that you cant do that. Everything says you have to SBF back to stock even from 2.0.1. Eventhoug what you say does make sense. Dont know why that is.

pressguy27

Reaction score
I seen at mydroidworld.com there is a all in one monster zip file that will take you back to stock and install cm all at once, you flash the file like you would any other rom

Sent from my DROID2

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

So titamium doesnt work with CM? Hmmm, that sucks. Ive never used root tools. Is that similar? I suppose it is.

I know the nandroid backup will be fine, but what I was talking about was the actual clockwork recovery tool/app bootloader. Is that the stock droid booter or is that one that loaded on?

I know there is an app that you can download and pay for that will SBF the phone for you, but I dont want to do that. I want to at least do it a couple times the "right" or long way first to learn. Plus why pay for something when I can do it for free.

Sent from my DROID2

Everything Ive read has said that you cant do that. Everything says you have to SBF back to stock even from 2.0.1. Eventhoug what you say does make sense. Dont know why that is.

Titanium Backup works perfectly fine with CM7.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod 7

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK dude. No need to sbf. Used titanium to backup Apps. Go to
download.cyanogenmod.com and find your device (cdma_droid2 for the d2 and shadow for the dx). Once on the nightlies page, dl the latest one (the top one). Once that's is done, dl gapps (google Apps. I'll try and find a link).
D2 bootstraper to clockwork recovery.
Wipe data
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
Mount system (under mounts/storage. Very important!)
Install zip from sd, install cm.
Install gapps.
Reboot

CM74D2