Never forget

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I love my country. I do wish we'd steer away from slogans though. We are inundated by slogans that mean nothing. I hate to be insensitive, but the man who even created the slogan "Never forget" has forgotten. Be happy today for the troops but be pissed as hell that they're in many senseless wars being mistreated by US corporations.

You can view it as a slogan and that's fine. However for the rest of us and especially for veterans, like myself, it goes much deeper than just a slogan. I'll leave you with this quote...

"For those that will fight for it freedom has a flavor the protected shall never know"
L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft
1968 Khe Sanh Combat Base

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
LoudRam said:
You can view it as a slogan and that's fine. However for the rest of us and especially for veterans, like myself, it goes much deeper than just a slogan. I'll leave you with this quote...

"For those that will fight for it freedom has a flavor the protected shall never know"

Wow, that is powerful! Bless you and Thank You!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

And with that flavor it has a price. That price can be anything from our marriage, to our life... and its one we willingly pay. We stand up and do what needs to be done, even if its the last thing we do... we do this so that you don't have to. And to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the freedoms you hold dear.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great day :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A little late, but I'd like to thank any Armed Forces members on this forum, and all around the world that gave their lives and are currently fighting for us. I have a deep respect for the Armed Forces and for quite a while thought about joining the Marines myself (my MOS would have been Radio Field Op), but figured if I wasn't 100% sure I should wait it out and be sure it's something I really want to do. Luckily, I still have the choice for quite a while, so who knows. In my graduating class this year there's quite a few kids either joining the Marines, Navy, and Army - some of which are going to basic this month and early next month. So I have a deep appreciation for all you guys. Your courage truly is bar-none.

A lot of you don't always have the most luxury life, and you still go out and protect us all and love what you do. So thank you guys.