1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Never forget

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, May 28, 2012.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

As you enjoy bbq with friends and loved ones lets make sure we remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy bbq with friends and family in a land that is free. Thanks to all that served.
  3. Valvoline

Valvoline New Member

4. xtor

xtor Well-Known Member

Fly your American flag today, half mass until noon, and full mass after
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Definitely a day to remember all who have served & gave the ultimate sacrifice - you are not forgotten. But also remember those who have served and are continuing to serve our great country...
  6. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Yep a time to honor and reflect all those who have given up so much for what we have..

Have a happy Memorial Day and be safe!
  7. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It's hard for me to come up with words that I feel truly describe my gratitude, admiration, and respect for those serving and who have served. So I will just say thank you from the bottom of my heart.
  8. Grybrd

Grybrd New Member

As a Vietnam Vet thanks and I agtee with every thing said for all our vets in all wars ... but with special thanks to those who gave their lifes!
  9. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

We'll never forget!
    Desert Storm Vet...US Navy
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  10. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

[​IMG]
  11. rck76

rck76 Super Moderator Premium Member

Happy Memorial Day everyone and thanks to those who serve our country:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  12. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

My tribute to those that sacrificed both lliving and departed!

To those that served and are serving we understand our freedom wasn't legislated and freedom was far from free.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

t
    he numbers of people that sacrificed for our freedom is staggering, and cant be forgotten.

I cant tell you how many people i work with that only see today as time in half and no idea what today is all about.

My tribute to those of us that served and came home and to those that didn't get to come home.

sacrifices don't have to mean death, everyone that has served sacrificed , so in respect to them continue to fight for freedom!!
  13. RAZRmax

RAZRmax New Member

Yes, thank you to all who have served and are serving. This Memorial Day has extra meaning for me as my son has just headed out for Basic Training. I think about him every day.
  14. nutpn

nutpn New Member

We will never forget Semper Fi

this song is for all the brave men and women of my Armed forces and I miss you Johnny,Semper Fi!!!!!
    Moccasin Creek is approved by The Marines-OOHRAH!!!! USMC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b97h7kab9vh4znb/Moccasin Creek - RUN AND HIDE (Official Video).mp4

Oct. 23, 1983 something happened that would later be the Reason why I joined the Marines-in Beirut on that morning

October 23, 1983. The truck was not the water truck they had been expecting, but a hijacked truck carrying the explosives. The truck turned onto an access road leading to the Marines' compound and circled a parking lot. The driver then accelerated and crashed through a barbed wire fence around the parking lot, passed between two sentry posts, crashed through a gate and drove into the lobby of the Marine headquarters. The Marine sentries at the gate were operating under rules of engagement which made it very difficult to respond quickly to the truck. Sentries were ordered to keep their weapons at condition four (no magazine inserted and no rounds in the chamber). By the time the two sentries were able to engage, the truck was already inside the building's entry way, armed.

the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and threeArmy soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured,the sentries just had to watch this van drive right on by
    as they were trying to get their weapons loaded,there was one marine specifically who stands out,later beknowest to him he again would make many a heroic effort as he was doing right now .
    John Chipura was walking across the area grounds when the van came in and exploded in the barracks.John the usual fast marine he was,ran across and started saving the Injured from the barracks, John later ended his Tour of Duty and returned home to New York City.
    John yearned for the camaraderie like he had in the Marines and as his father Anthony was and his brother Gerard, in 1998 John achieved his dream of becoming a Fireman for New York.
    on that sad morning of 9/11 John and his fellow New york city fireman was last seen going up the steps of the world trade center,John Chipura I salute you among the many Military who have gave all......................Semper Fi Brother Devil Dog
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  15. i2ollingstone

i2ollingstone New Member

I love my country. I do wish we'd steer away from slogans though. We are inundated by slogans that mean nothing. I hate to be insensitive, but the man who even created the slogan "Never forget" has forgotten. Be happy today for the troops but be pissed as hell that they're in many senseless wars being mistreated by US corporations.

Here's a clip of Rudy Giuliani proving that he has forgotten.
  16. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

You can view it as a slogan and that's fine. However for the rest of us and especially for veterans, like myself, it goes much deeper than just a slogan. I'll leave you with this quote...

"For those that will fight for it freedom has a flavor the protected shall never know"
    L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft
    1968 Khe Sanh Combat Base
  17. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

Wow, that is powerful! Bless you and Thank You!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  18. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

And with that flavor it has a price. That price can be anything from our marriage, to our life... and its one we willingly pay. We stand up and do what needs to be done, even if its the last thing we do... we do this so that you don't have to. And to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the freedoms you hold dear.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!
  19. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

Hope everyone had a great day :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  20. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

A little late, but I'd like to thank any Armed Forces members on this forum, and all around the world that gave their lives and are currently fighting for us. I have a deep respect for the Armed Forces and for quite a while thought about joining the Marines myself (my MOS would have been Radio Field Op), but figured if I wasn't 100% sure I should wait it out and be sure it's something I really want to do. Luckily, I still have the choice for quite a while, so who knows. In my graduating class this year there's quite a few kids either joining the Marines, Navy, and Army - some of which are going to basic this month and early next month. So I have a deep appreciation for all you guys. Your courage truly is bar-none.

A lot of you don't always have the most luxury life, and you still go out and protect us all and love what you do. So thank you guys.
Search tags for this page
drill sergeant gomez
mia wallpaper
pow mia screensaver

pow mia wallpaper

shadow knows