Neural Network Keyboard From Swift Key May Be A Game Changer!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Neural Network keyboard from swiftkey uses neural networks for the predictive part of the keyboard. The idea behind this is that human language uses patterns and patterns of patterns. The keyboard seeks to give you the best yet predictive and corrective options while typing. Essentially you can type without typing, or you can type less often. This could be a game changer in the world of mobile typing!

You can use this now if you are running a version of Android 4.4 or greater. Grab the Alpha version of the app from the Swiftkey Greenhouse.

Briankbl

Reaction score
After hearing about WRIO Keyboard, I started to get excited for keyboards yet again. It's been too long since we've had new developments in the keyboard market. Then THIS thing drops today! So far, I'm incredibly impressed. The predictive capabilities are so far improved over original SwiftKey. As for the corrections, it really feels like Clarity keyboard was infused into SwiftKey. It autocorrects like a beast. It corrects my fast, sloppy typing with accuracy I've only seen in the context sensitive corrections of Clarity. One thing I'd like more clarification on: does Neural take into account full sentence context or only up to 5 or 6 words? However it works, I like it!

This whole post was written with SwiftKey Neural Alpha using no corrections or fixes other than autocorrect. No going back to fix typos. Also, this was all tapped out, with the occasional prediction selection. Flow is included in this alpha, and I must say, it does seem better than regular SwiftKey. Flow through space function is still either incredibly accurate or incredibly wrong. Flowing one word at a time works pretty great, however.

Really excited to see where this technology takes our favorite keyboard!

JimTDI

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia 3589i
Awesome keyboard so far, gives great suggestions and appears to be quite stable for an 'alpha'. Thanks for this hot tip!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Never been one to use the predictions much, but I'm giving this a try. I'm a long time SwiftKey user, but I've been happy with the Google keyboard lately.

We'll see if this brings me back around.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is it a really heavy keyboard dl?? I deleted Swiftkey because it caused lag and stutter on my turbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So far, seems pretty snappy. I'm trying to let it learn my habits, but the flow feature coupled with the predictions don't seem to be as good as Google's keyboard has been for me lately.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Installing now. I used to swype but haven't in years.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm giving it a shot but can't really tell the difference.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
1. It still has to learn, I think. So there may be no difference at first.

2. I don't know that you'll see much difference unless you actually use the word prediction. I swipe through every word, so I don't really use predictions much, if at all.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't pay much attention to predictions, although I should use autocorrect more.

While it's not always practical, I don't know why I just don't use voice typing most of the time.