Network TX/RX Indicator

shieldsit

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a wifi indicator, something similar to what Windows XP has in the status bar? I'd really like to be able to see when my phone is accessing the network.

Thanks!

OP
shieldsit

shieldsit

Reaction score
Thanks, and sorry that I put it in the wrong place!

We must not be too far from each other. I'm in Western PA.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem. I moved it so other X users would read and reply. I'm close to State College.

OP
shieldsit

shieldsit

Reaction score
Yeah about that from State College. We try to make it to a game once a year. Didn't make it this year. It's always a good time when we do get to go.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid and when I connect to wifi a icon does appear in the notification bar. I use the power widget and/or a Beautiful Widget wifi icon. Additionally, when wifi connects my 3G disappears from the notification bar.

I retired from PSU and worked in the press box a number of years. That was a lot of fun.

OP
shieldsit

shieldsit

Reaction score
I get the icon that shows you that you are connected to wifi, but nothing that says the phone is sending or receiving data. Like XP does with the little computers.

That would be awesome. Do you think Jo Pa will ever retire?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of the phones show the wifi activity. There may be an app but I've not looked.

I doubt he will ever retire :) He is like the Every ready bunny going and ging and going....

OP
shieldsit

shieldsit

Reaction score
I've looked, but I'm not sure how to word it to really drill it down. I'll keep looking but figured this would be the place to ask.

He sure does. He's such a figure there that I can't imagine what will happen when he's gone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I searched the Market (wifi) and found several apps that will show wifi/hotspots near your phone but none that show activity.

When Jo Pa departs is sure will be different.

OP
shieldsit

shieldsit

Reaction score
Same here. Guess I will have to learn how to make an app if I want it bad enough. Thanks for the help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry I was not able to get you want you requested. Enjoy your time on the Forum.

Mike

OP
shieldsit

shieldsit

Reaction score
Thanks for trying. I'm sure I will enjoy the forums. Hope I can be a help to others.