1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Network monitor utility to identify apps sending info I don't think they need to?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by JohnL4, May 25, 2011.

1. JohnL4

JohnL4 New Member

Howdy all,

I'm kind of wondering about all the apps that say they need access to my phone identity and full internet.

Is there a network monitor utility that will log which app sent which data to which destination? I've searched for things like "network monitor" but all I get is general utilization monitors aimed at measuring the AMOUNT of network traffic.

Thanks.

John.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze New Member

3. JohnL4

JohnL4 New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Boo, rooting, boo packet-sniffing, but... it's a start. (Something like wireshark with it's bazillion interpreting modules would be nice, and I'd hope the source port wouldn't be the same for everything, so I could identify the sending /process/, but....)

John.
Search tags for this page

android view network activity

how to view network traffic on droid x

utility to identify network activity