Network Messages?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to ICS I get network messages from people I know who are trying to reach me. Sometimes I freeze text messaging through Titanium Backup and block all calls through root blocker but these popups come through.

Basically it's a popup screen and says:

Network Message
(name of person)

and the OK button.

How do I stop these? I did a google search but found really nothing on the subject.

podspi

Reaction score
Are you trying to block people from texting you (in general, or a specific person)? You can do that through VZW's web interface.

Not sure what you mean by pop-up or network message, though. Stock message client doesn't pop-up, at least for me...

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Tthere are times when I dont want to be reachable so I block all texts and phone calls. When I'm using wifi with everything blocked the popup appears.

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
This is interesting, the ones I'm receiving these messages from happen to be clients who are IT/Network industry. I only use the phone and the stock messenger app to communicate with people, I don't have any social apps.

Last edited:

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Turn on airplane mode then turn back on wifi. I do it all the time! That way i can still listen to podcasts at work without the texts and calls. Warning unless you turn off background data you will still get e-mail notifications. Turn on airplane mode, wifi and disable background data. *bam* your good to go. Hope this helps.
Just noticed you are running ICS... Never tried with ICS, still waiting for DROID 4 ofw.
Reverse kicked through Tapatalk to your face!

Last edited: