Network extender

rtpenny

Reaction score
Is a network extender worth buying to improve my hotspot data rate

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
First off, has anyone got one from VZW for free? And second, if I was to just buy one wha's the best one to get?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Nope they want me to pay 250 for it. I've got em down to 150 but that's still ridiculous.

Swannyva

Reaction score
I got one 18 months ago for $99 - they were having a special. No freebies, but I can assure you you will not be disappointed. I used to get the dreded 'voice mail message,' without the phone ever ringing. Haven't missed an incoming call since!

Swanny

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't know anyone who got an extender for free from Verizon at least. I also found that they don't work very well unless you're in the same room as one of them, though I only know of one person who uses it, but I am at their house often and always struggle to get a signal.

mamawm

Reaction score
we had to pay for ours. but it's worth every penny. the extender is downstairs and we connect from anywhere in the house. only time we ever drop a call (or signal) is when there's a power outage.

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
My house is all of 3 rooms so I wouldn't really have a problem with that, I don't think. Ha Ha