network can't seem to find Bionic

Import roller

Reaction score
Got a problem I hope you guys can help on.

I am running Liberty Rom 2.0 (for close to 2 years now)
System version 5.5.886.XT875.verizon.en.US
Android version 2.3.4
Build 5.5.1_8_DBN-55

Ok, so the problem started yesterday morning. I was texting back and forth with someone, and suddenly I couldn't send messages. I could still receive messages, but no sending. I still get data connection in terms of I still have internet access through my phone, but I can't make calls or send texts, and I have the flashing grey Triangle on top showing I'm roaming. I am in my home area, so i am not suppose to be roaming. I called Verizon, they checked the system, and determined that the SIM card must have went bad, so today i went to the store and had them switch out the card. Didn't fix anything. They are saying maybei I need a newer system version since the current one is 6.7.246.XT875.verizon.en.US. Before I call for the extended warranty claim to see if they will just replace the phone, i wanted to see if anyone knows if there is something else I personally can do to make it start working again.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Back everything up & do a "Factory Data Reset". The sim being bad was my first guess, but since that didn't work, the only other thing left is the FDR. If that doesn't work, warranty/insurance it.

OP
I

Import roller

Reaction score
I'll try that now. Is it best to back it up in the Root folder, or back it up with an app?

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Enjoy the benefits of ics! We have a ton of awesome roms and safestrap allows you to try them all or whichever you choose.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

deduct

Reaction score
perfect. that worked

Awesome! Enjoy. Rocket is right, you need to root that bad boy and flash some custom ROMs. Safe strap allows you to have up to 4 different custom ROMs in each partition and stock ROM in its own slot. Its a beautiful thing. Let us know if you want help in rooting and installing safe strap, And different ROMs.

OP
I

Import roller

Reaction score
i noticed i miss some of my features now that im not rooted anymore. there are so many ROMs on this site, an you direct me to which ones you guys are referring to? I almost want to put liberty back on, but i think its time for something new

deduct

Reaction score
You can't run liberty anymore now that you are on ICS. Root with razrs edge root method and I recommend blurry maxx non oc version or eclipse 1.3 ROM.

OP
I

Import roller

Reaction score
so i follow the directions to root the Razr to root the Bionic with Blurry? i'm doing a lot of searching right now. I finally found the Bootstrap info, but my phone is charging right now, so i'm assuming it's something like ROM manager where you can download the ROMs right from the app?

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
Yes use the razrs edge root method. But don't use bootstrap. Use safe strap. Its safer and real easy to use. Plus you can have a different ROM flashed in each slot to switch to whenever you feel like running something different. Here's the download for safe strap as well as instructions on how to use it.

http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/