Network Activity

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by codeguy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. codeguy

codeguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched around the web and the forums and have not found any situation similar to mine, so I apologize if this information is available in some form and I just missed it.

I have an app installed on my moto droid and I am very interested in seeing exactly what it is doing across the network. Is there anyway to log the network traffic on the droid?

I have tried many different approaches to accomplish this. I've tried to sniff the traffic over wifi but the only wifi card I have on hand is rather generic and not working too well with my sniffer. I also tried using the avd on the sdk to install the application and sniff the traffic locally on my desktop, however the application failed to run as it is looking for an identifier on the droid that obviously my avd doesn't have.

I'm hoping there is some way to do this on the droid itself, to log the traffic.

My next route would be to setup another subnet in my network and route all traffic on that subnet through my solaris box as the router, and use any one of the numerous sniffers available to watch the traffic fly by. I'd rather avoid this method as it would require a fair amount of time to setup.

Any thoughts?

2. codeguy

codeguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have not find a way to log traffic on the droid itself, however I was able to accomplish everything I set out by creating a second wireless network in my home- and routing all its traffic through my solaris box.

Still- if anyone knows of a way to log traffic on the droid, I'd love to hear it.

Search tags for this page
android network activity logger

android network activity monitor

sniffing 3g traffic