Netflix

General Tso

Reaction score
Any idea when Netflix will be available on the Droid 3?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Opiemitsu

Reaction score
Yea, good question. I pulled the APK from my OD and installed it (same one that works on my Nook Color) and the first time it crashed the phone and the second it just played what I'll call "green pixel art".

Disappointing to say the least. But, isn't the CPU in the DROID3 OMAP 4 which is Netflix HD certified?

jmdale1984

Reaction score
Yea, good question. I pulled the APK from my OD and installed it (same one that works on my Nook Color) and the first time it crashed the phone and the second it just played what I'll call "green pixel art".

Disappointing to say the least. But, isn't the CPU in the DROID3 OMAP 4 which is Netflix HD certified?

I believe the processor itself is certified at some level, but I think I read somewhere that no phones with that processor have actually been approved yet. Damn they're picky!

I think it shouldn't be long though... first OTA maybe?

Big D

Reaction score
Verizon has disabled it pending their launch of VFLIX in early 2013.

I kid.

slally

Reaction score

Yup, got the same result here.

Raptor007

Reaction score
The OMAP4 processor family was recently certified by Netflix for HD video so I can't imagine it would be too long.

Raptor007

Reaction score
For me it's mute. I have not been streaming and the announcement yesterday about price increases prompted my wife to remove streaming. Not a big deal I carry about 10 movies or shows on my microSD card anyways.

technogeek00

Reaction score

The OMAP 4 is certified because it has a security protocol that Netflix approves of and is fast enough, that applies to the OMAP 4 only not the entire phone, you still have to account for other devices. However, with the specs on the Droid 3 I cant imagine it doesn't support streaming so its just a matter of time until they release an update whether it be by the Android Market, or if blocked by Verizon, via other methods.

matthileo

Reaction score
Until then they should update the regular Netflix app to support the Droid 3

[sent from my droid]

Sprode

Reaction score
For me it's mute. I have not been streaming and the announcement yesterday about price increases prompted my wife to remove streaming. Not a big deal I carry about 10 movies or shows on my microSD card anyways.

I can't believe people are freaking out about netflix raising their prices from 9 bucks a month to 16 or w/e it is. For the combined service to not be over 20 bucks has always been flabberghasting to me. So many people are so touchy.

matthileo

Reaction score
I don't mind the price increase. I'm streaming only :)

[sent from my droid]

neilrl79

Reaction score
Netflix app is working great! Just watched part of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, picture quality was awesome.