netflix

twobadfish

Reaction score
Is 2.0.1 froyo?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Yes it is.

Thanks. Upgraded from 2.0.1 to GB 0.5 then installed the APK. The "not supported on this device" errors went away but videos never started (but appeared to try).

So I flashed the .zip using ClockworkMod Recovery (entered it with ROM Manager) and now it works completely. :D

There was SLIGHT laggyness and I hope that's due to it not being the official version. Hopefully that's what they are trying to fix before releasing it to the rest of the Android devices.

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Netflix released today and it works for Droid x but not the liberty from.
Anyone know a fix to this issue?app works good but doesn't stream

edit: found 2 fixes. credits to jrummy16 and whoever did 2nd fix :}

first-----
download http://goo.gl/EX1Y8
install as update.zip in recovery

second-----
go into root explorer or anything like that
change
model: Nexus S
manufacturer: samsung

NETFLIX IS FOR GINGERBREAD ONLY!!!!!
if u have froyo dont do this stuff :/

Do you have to do both of these methods, or just one?

DMFA

Reaction score
Don't edit build.prop. That's the entire point of the netflix.zip that Jrummy made. If you edit build.prop to another model/manufacturer, your Swype and Overclock will not work.

Make sure the netflix apk is the cracked one, and that you install the zip in Clockwork recovery after installing it. That's usually why it doesn't work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
F

firepower12

Reaction score
Don't edit build.prop. That's the entire point of the netflix.zip that Jrummy made. If you edit build.prop to another model/manufacturer, your Swype and Overclock will not work.

Make sure the netflix apk is the cracked one, and that you install the zip in Clockwork recovery after installing it. That's usually why it doesn't work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thanks for the info man

phineas.milne

Reaction score
I accidently flashed the fix before installing. I am trying to install now, and it just freezes, and i have to take out the battery and start back up. What can i do?

NowhereMan1985

Reaction score
Currently running Netflix on:

Modified Netflix App from XDA (apk name: netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk)
Droid X
Liberty GB 0.4.

WiFi works great, 3G is kind of crappy here so it buffers a lot, but it's working!

prowler85

Reaction score
Finally got it to work - it's all dependant on having the right apk (there's one somewhere around the 35th post) and jrummy's script. I tried a number of combinations but couldn't get it to work until I used that apk.

Gotta say this totally cracks me up though - Netflix, who's waited FOREVER to release due to "drm" issues, finally issues to a few select phones that have the drm issues resolved, and what happens? The dev's crack the apk and mod the ROM so it works everywhere!!! They could've just release months ago and we'd still be where we are today.

You devs rock!

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Here's what I did.

1. Downloaded netflix.zip that JRummy put up on his twitter.
2. Re-named it to update.zip (I don't even know if that was necessary, but it still worked).
3. Moved it to SD card.
4. Used Droid 2 bootstrapper (*yes I run an DX but from what I understand you HAVE to use the Droid 2 Bootstrapper) and flashed it like anything else.
5. Installed Netflix.

Perfection.

this worked perfectly for me; the only thing I did differently was that I didn't use the bootstrapper...I used rom manager, so I:
downloaded the file
renamed it to update.zip
used root explorer to move the file from download to sd (root file)
opened rom manager and rebooted to clockwork
installed zip from sd card
apply sdcard:update.zip
Rebooted
Installed netflix from the link in jriv21's message ..... worked like a champ

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
now my question becomes...does anyone know if there's a 'cracked' netflix for the thunderbolt yet???

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Here's what I did.

1. Downloaded netflix.zip that JRummy put up on his twitter.
2. Re-named it to update.zip (I don't even know if that was necessary, but it still worked).
3. Moved it to SD card.
4. Used Droid 2 bootstrapper (*yes I run an DX but from what I understand you HAVE to use the Droid 2 Bootstrapper) and flashed it like anything else.
5. Installed Netflix.

Perfection.

+1 for me on this method, except I didn't rename it to update.zip, just navigated to the file netflix.zip.

Liberty GB 0.5

Edit: and thanks, first time I tried it I bootlooped myself but I was all screwed up on the kernel update (my fault).

kevmex1989

Reaction score
first post woot woot ! running gingerbread liberty v0.5 (591 leak)

did the netflix fix and worked ! and i did use the bootstrap 2 not the x , but one thing i noticed is that the stock file manager was gone ? any idea how to get this back? i prefer it from among the other file managers from the market, thanks