Quick Tip :
"Make sure the netflix apk is the cracked one,
and that you install the zip in Clockwork recovery after installing it."

Credits: Jrummy16 - Liberty GB / Netflix Fix
DMFA - Quick Tip

libertysig.png

SoCalNation

Reaction score
The app is only supported on a select handful of devices at this time, including the DROID Incredible and Nexus S. Anyone else see a device or two missing? Maybe the Thunderbolt or brand new Incredible 2? We’ll just assume that they are working hard to bring it to all of these devices since they both run Snapdragon processors. As far as all of the Moto devices in the building though, it could be a while. We’ll see what we can find out. Here is the entire list of compatible devices.
HTC Incredible with Android 2.2 HTC Nexus One with Android 2.2/3 HTC Evo 4G with Android 2.2
HTC G2 with Android 2.2 Samsung Nexus S with Android 2.3
And its now up and running on the MOTO X

It played on my Thunderbolt for about a second then goes back to the selection screen
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dosmoney

Reaction score
first time poster, long time lurker.

first off, i LOVE liberty. Im a LONG time android user (as in, waited at local tmob open to get a g1). And ive used custom roms for as long as i can remember. Liberty is by far my favorite.

I am also a HUGE netflix user and the one peeve ive had with android is the lack of netflix support (though its a peeve with netflix not google).

When i saw the apk that worked with GB droid x today, I almost crapped my pants. You can imagine how dissapointed I was to see that it doesnt work with liberty 0.5. I get to the point of playing the content, and the giant play/pause come up, it acts as if its about to play, then just hangs on the black screen.

Anyone know why it doesnt seem to work with liberty? If so, could it be remedied for the next nightly version of liberty? that would really make my android experience complete.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Nmayar

Reaction score
The app is only supported on a select handful of devices at this time, including the DROID Incredible and Nexus S. Anyone else see a device or two missing? Maybe the Thunderbolt or brand new Incredible 2? We’ll just assume that they are working hard to bring it to all of these devices since they both run Snapdragon processors. As far as all of the Moto devices in the building though, it could be a while. We’ll see what we can find out. Here is the entire list of compatible devices.
HTC Incredible with Android 2.2 HTC Nexus One with Android 2.2/3 HTC Evo 4G with Android 2.2
HTC G2 with Android 2.2 Samsung Nexus S with Android 2.3
And its now up and running on the MOTO X

It played on my Thunderbolt for about a second then goes back to the selection screen
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I have seen and read all of that.

en28so

Reaction score
Same here. Running V0.5 of liberty GB. Netflix app not working. But I still love Liberty! Maybe on the next nightly build the great Liberty Team can get it to work like the other post said?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Is this in the market?

Guyute

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a long time for this app. I really hope we get a fix for liberty soon or zombie stomped may be my new rom.

hanks_cafe

Reaction score
It didn't work for me on GB .588 or .591. It wasn't until I installed .595 that it worked on my Droid X. Perhaps that is why it isn't working on Liberty V0.5, since it's on the .591 GB.

Steelers

Reaction score
Yeah, my X just goes to the black screen where the video should be, so I agree that it must be the .591 build that is holding us 0.5 users back. Guess I will wait until Liberty is updated with the final build of GB to get my Netflix goodness.

OP
F

firepower12

Reaction score
Yeah, my X just goes to the black screen where the video should be, so I agree that it must be the .591 build that is holding us 0.5 users back. Guess I will wait until Liberty is updated with the final build of GB to get my Netflix goodness.

Yea we just need a fix for it to work on liberty.
I think its just need build.prop edit im not sure tho