Netflix VS. Amazon Prime Video

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Miller6386, Aug 5, 2016.

?

Which is a better app? Netflix or Amazon Prime Video

1. Netflix

100.0%
  2. Amazon Prime Video

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    I have recently become ADDICTED to "Suits" and have been watching it on the Amazon Prime Video... I have to say I am VERY impressed with the quality of the Amazon app compared to the Netflix one... I really like that when you tap the screen during play back it gives you names of the characters that are on the screen at that time...

I also like the 10 second skip forward and back....

What are your guys's and gals opinions? Do many of you use this app? What are your opinions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Both Amazon Prime & Netflix are our two main go-to subscription services. Since our household is fully entrenched in the Amazon ecosystem with an Echo & a FireTV in our living and a Firestick in the office, we're definitely Amazon Prime video fans. That said, we don't use the app itself all that much, but the features you mentioned are all included within the FireTV/stick UI. Having the ability to instantly look up the actors bio information is an awesome feature and one we really wish Netflix would adopt.
    As for Suits....great show! I binged the first five seasons this past March-April when I was laid up for 8 weeks recovering from my surgery. Really looking forward to season 6, it should be good!

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 1
  3. JDH

JDH Active Member

Ratings:
    +113
    We have both but we watch on a 55" smart Samsung TV. Have had both for several years, no comparison, Netflix is way better programing and Amazon wants more $$$ for so much of there available programs. The search features on both suck big time. We have voice control (search) with Xfinity but it doesn't work with either.

4. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,652
    We have both, but use Netflix the most, use them on the Roku 3, and voice search on it works well, much easier than typing on the crappy keyboard...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

5. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +57
    Netflix, that said Netflix has plenty of issues.

• Like Like x 1