Netflix Updated for New Devices, DROID3 on the list

Immolate

Reaction score
I side-loaded Netflix the first day D3 was available and had the green-screen /reboot. I downloaded the market Netflix last night and tried again, same results (just like the others).

I just uninstalled and reinstalled just this minute to see if they'd screwed up and then corrected it, but same result.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Anyone know if it runs on CM7? HuluPlus doesn't work on my DX with CM7. Has to be stock phone. Is it the same with Netflix?

John in one of the other netflix threads there is a link to the nuts and bolts side of the netflix security breakdown. It discusses the security being a portion of the hardware and software, and in that thread there is mention about it not running on custom roms. I have not followed that thread to see if the XDA folks have found a work around, but it could be a stock operating system issue.

Craig

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Netflix updated to 1.3 now works on D3. Although there's a clicking sound I hear in the background not sure why. But the picture looks pretty good to me.

end of line...

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Just uninstalled the version I downloaded/installed last night. Then downloaded it AGAIN.....installed...and BINGO

Netflix is now working on my bone stock D2G

DJRobNM

Reaction score
Netflix, meh...

I've been using the app on my OG Droid and I doubt a full battery could make it through a movie.

22 minute sitcoms take my battery down 20-30%.

The streaming is currently not worth $8, maybe $5.

I looked at it as a $2 option added to an $8 one-disc plan.

This isn't how Netflix looks at it in their recent announcement.

They should have increased prices $2 or $3 (you know, like they did back in January).

If the streaming content goes up in quality and selection, it will be worth $8 but most reporting suggests that streaming will lose content as costs go up.

I think more people will begin using it and realize that nothing they want to watch is available on streaming.

Bad move Netflix.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I've been using the app on my OG Droid and I doubt a full battery could make it through a movie.
They should have increased prices $2 or $3 (you know, like they did back in January).
If the streaming content goes up in quality and selection, it will be worth $8 but most reporting suggests that streaming will lose content as costs go up.
I think more people will begin using it and realize that nothing they want to watch is available on streaming.
Bad move Netflix.

Although having an app on my phone to play Netflix is sorta cool, I don't know why anyone would actually WANT to play a 2 hour movie on their phone. Oh....if I'm traveling, in a cheap motel room with bad cable....I guess I could. But I'd be plugging the phone into it's charger, or one of the several multimedia cradles I've got. Of course the wifi at said cheap motel would probably not exist, or be so bad that the quality would suck anyway......and is mainly why I'm unable to stream Netflix via my netbook in cheap motel rooms.

Having the app comes in handy if I'm sitting at the dinner table and my wife has insisted on watching "Big Brother" or "Hell's Kitchen"......I can plug my earbuds into my phone and watch "Torchwood" while eating...not like I want to talk to my wife about my/her day while we're at dinner or anything.

As for Netflix's cost......I believe that if it REALLY had all the programming available, at any time demanded, that people seem to want...the service would be unaffordable. Sure, it doesn't match what I get from my sat provider with all the regular and premium channels...but that runs me about $150 a month. Sometimes I even get my fat ass out of the recliner and take my wife out to see a movie.....just one of THOSE is WAY more expensive than the $19.99 a month of Netflix cost me.

Somewhere, at sometime, we're all going to have to get over ourselves and the sense of entitlement many of us have that DEMANDS that we get everything we want, we get it NOW, and that it is either free of only costs $2.....Sheesh.

The recent price increase I got from Netflix on my 2 disc at a time plus streaming plan was $5. I know it's more dramatic to scream "60%", or whatever.......but the $5 is about what many people would pay for a Starbucks coffee ONCE a month. BFD. If people want to keep the service at the higher rates, they will...if they don't they'll cancel.....but why continue to whine about it EVERYWHERE.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bad move Netflix.
Wow.. on my D3 I watched Kevin Hart: Seriously Funny, 1hr 10min movie, took up 10%. So 22minutes.. that's a lot.

I don't see why Netflix would lose content.. I've been reading it's going up due to licensing getting more expensive, and the market should go up in movie availability as they're pushing to stop DVD mailing.

Bad move Netflix.

Although having an app on my phone to play Netflix is sorta cool, I don't know why anyone would actually WANT to play a 2 hour movie on their phone. Oh....if I'm traveling, in a cheap motel room with bad cable....I guess I could. But I'd be plugging the phone into it's charger, or one of the several multimedia cradles I've got. Of course the wifi at said cheap motel would probably not exist, or be so bad that the quality would suck anyway......and is mainly why I'm unable to stream Netflix via my netbook in cheap motel rooms.

Having the app comes in handy if I'm sitting at the dinner table and my wife has insisted on watching "Big Brother" or "Hell's Kitchen"......I can plug my earbuds into my phone and watch "Torchwood" while eating...not like I want to talk to my wife about my/her day while we're at dinner or anything.

As for Netflix's cost......I believe that if it REALLY had all the programming available, at any time demanded, that people seem to want...the service would be unaffordable. Sure, it doesn't match what I get from my sat provider with all the regular and premium channels...but that runs me about $150 a month. Sometimes I even get my fat ass out of the recliner and take my wife out to see a movie.....just one of THOSE is WAY more expensive than the $19.99 a month of Netflix cost me.

Somewhere, at sometime, we're all going to have to get over ourselves and the sense of entitlement many of us have that DEMANDS that we get everything we want, we get it NOW, and that it is either free of only costs $2.....Sheesh.

The recent price increase I got from Netflix on my 2 disc at a time plus streaming plan was $5. I know it's more dramatic to scream "60%", or whatever.......but the $5 is about what many people would pay for a Starbucks coffee ONCE a month. BFD. If people want to keep the service at the higher rates, they will...if they don't they'll cancel.....but why continue to whine about it EVERYWHERE.
Not every person that travels actually drives themselves, especially if they're not adults.. if I go on vacation with my parents, they'll be driving while me, my brother, and sister are in the back seat. Movies are great for 6hr car rides. And in hotels, sometimes you let your parents pick what they want to watch so, again, watching on your phone comes in.

Last night, nothing on TV, DVR used up, didn't feel like using my laptop, so I used Netflix on my phone. Very convenient.

I agree, the price up isn't bad. And to the people that can't afford a few dollars more.. honestly, maybe you should check to see if you could really afford to put any money towards Netflix anyway. No need to almost break yourself because you're not completely breaking yourself.

thistle

Reaction score

Bad move Netflix.
A very poor decision on their part indeed. Their streaming is a gimmick at this point and certainly not worth the equivalent of a basic plan. I've just dropped them completely, as have several friends of mine. But I doubt there will be much fall out with America's insatiable appetite for numbing out in front of a screen of any sort.