Netflix to laptop?

shedroid

Reaction score
So my husband is addicted to watching lost on his phone via Netflix app. Im convinced his eyes will give out soon. lol

Is it possible to watch Netflix on my laptop using his phone.. or my phone? I have at&t mobile for my Wi-Fi and went over my 5mg in a week. Now at 10 and still have week to go. Sooo I can't use my internet to watch Netflix directly from laptop.

Help please? I know how to watch movies stored on phone but can't figure this Netflix thing out. OR if anyone knows of data plan for laptop that won't cost me $100 a week( seriously that is bill right now) then that would work as well. Much appreciate it. Thanks in advance for reading and forgiving my lack of tech savvy knowledge: -)
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

graywolf

Reaction score
I am assuming you don't have Internet at home?

Otherwise, you just go to netflix.com and sign in on the laptop and you can watch there.

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
All I have is my sisters At&t mobile Wi-Fi thing which has 5g cap on it. Im at 10 already and Netflix would shoot that up farther. I already have to pay $300 for what I've used now.

We live in the middle of nowhere. Few options as far as home internet.

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
No kidding. I can't find anyone with unlimited that services this area. If I lived ten miles in Clear would be best bet. But I don't.
I tried PDA thingie it crashed laptop and had to take it in. I have the worst luck with this stuff.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Hey I am another LOST addict. I have a Bionic. With HDMI out, I watch on my 55" big screen. Switch phones? PDA thingie? Is that PDAnet? I have used for years, no laptop issues. Last, Foxfi app on the market gives you a free hotspot to watch on your laptop, but I think I read it doesn't work on htc. Look it up in the market

geoff5093

Reaction score
Did I miss why you can't get residential internet at home? Price obviously isn't the issue if you're spending $300/mo. due to overages on your cell plan.

drew

Reaction score
Are you on an unlimited data plan for your cell? If you're using a capped AT&T Wi-Fi plan, but have unlimited cell data then why not look into tethering?

You can pay Verizon for monthly tethering (all "legal" and stuff) or you can look at Koush's Tether app in the market. Or use PDANet as the other poster stated. I would drop that capped AT&T WiFi if that's the case.

** Please note that I'm suggesting tethering is possible. If you were to bypass Verizon's pay-for-tether process, that is against the terms of service. If you were to bypass Verizon and get caught, it isn't my fault **

rbw62

Reaction score
What phone does he have? If it is a TB just use the mobile hotspot. If u do not have a hotspot data with verzion, get one, sounds like you will save money.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Netflix on a laptop, especially if viewed in HD, uses a lot more data then streaming it on the phone.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
assuming your on VZW unlimeted . root it tether it to laptop tell AT&T to kiss your A$$ :)

buy a phone with hdmi out and hook it to tv ( bionic,Razr,Razr maxx,DX2, ) there may be more .. i am sure the DX1 will not work i dont think the HDMI mirrors anything but gallery ..( could be wrong have been before)

Last edited: