Netflix Reveals New UI Experience for Android Tablets - Out Ahead of iPad Version

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 15, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Netflix just issued an interesting press release. They wanted to let us know that they have developed a new and improved user interface that is specific to tablets. These enhancements are designed to make it easier to browse for and find the movies you want to watch. It doubles the amount of movies and TV shows you can browse through on screen at once, among other improvements. A spokesperson for Netflix, Zal Bilimoria, had this to say,
    Furthermore, they made it clear in the press release that this new app update was coming to Android tablets before hitting the iPad, which is telling in its own way. Here is the full press release below,
    Source: NetFlix Blog, NetFlix Media Room, & Android Market - Netflix
  2. FnTwizted

FnTwizted New Member

sweet! when? cause the current app sucks
  3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Hope its better than the ui the "upgraded" on my Samsung 8000 tv. That update sucks bad...browsing experience is horrible from a user standpoint

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums
  4. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

the last couple of updates for the phones were a real step back. If I get a text in the middle of a movie it kicks me off where before it would just pause it. Also if you exit out with the app running it freezes it and you have to force close. Happpens on both my Dinc and new Rezound

Chris
  5. Kag Pirate

Kag Pirate New Member

I'll just say this I agree with the other 3 post above me, My Samsung TV app was great until the last 2 updates. :mad: You could nav the app faster, now it's slow to nav. The app on the phone is OK, but again now I drop movies, text kills it, phone calls use to pause it. :crying: Now on the TV most use to have to use a code to link up our device. They took that away and I have to use my log in info which is slow to type in a remote. But the app keeps the info for only a short time then you have to re-enter info again. So in a nut shell UI on all devices
    :icon_eek:
  6. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I've got the ne UI on my Touchpad running CM 7.1. So hope it comes out for everyone pretty soon. Then new UI is WAY nicer and works much better than the old one.