netflix on TB?

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
It's great that Netflix works on certain dev ROMs but why won't it work stock? It works with Inc1 2.2 and Evo 4g 2.2 so I don't understand why it won't work on the TBolt. Does anyone here know what the difference is? Is it due to a limitation of the newer CPU?

As posted above it has to do with system files.....The library files need to be modded.

What the directions to mod library files

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure the mod works on froyo for tbolt

ridin the lightning

dbelshe

Reaction score
I just flashed dasBamf 2.0.5 GB, which has a netflix app pre installed, but.when I try to run it, it says there is a newer one available, but can't find it. I do have another netflix apk , but how do get rid of the one that came with Rom?

djakrse

Reaction score
I just flashed dasBamf 2.0.5 GB, which has a netflix app pre installed, but.when I try to run it, it says there is a newer one available, but can't find it. I do have another netflix apk , but how do get rid of the one that came with Rom?

I'd uninstall and reinstall from the market. The app was updated 5/26:

What's New

What's in this version:

1. Various minor bug fixes.
  2. Fixed application failure on startup when phone's embedded storage space is almost full.
  3. Removed check that prevented attempt to playback on unsupported devices.
  4. Added support for LG Revolution, Motorola Droid and Casio G'zOne Commando C771.
Otherwise, the new app would have to be hacked (or the old one to disable update check.)

dbelshe

Reaction score
I dont see a netflix app all in the markert, and cant remove the one thats built into the dasBamf rom.

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
What the directions to mod library files
i have searched xda for it and cant find it si could someone who has it please post the dang thing?

Viper Daimao

Reaction score

What's New

What's in this version:

2. Fixed application failure on startup when phone's embedded storage space is almost full.
  4. Added support for LG Revolution, Motorola Droid and Casio G'zOne Commando C771.
Otherwise, the new app would have to be hacked (or the old one to disable update check.)
that's the version people are talking about. Works on many devices but not stock froyo tb. Works on GB thunderbolt though because the lib files were modded.

djakrse

Reaction score
I dont see a netflix app all in the markert, and cant remove the one thats built into the dasBamf rom.
If it came with your rom, it is likely in /system/app and would have to be removed with Root Explorer or another su-enabled file browser. Obviously, back it up first or rename it.

djakrse

Reaction score

What's New

What's in this version:

that's the version people are talking about. Works on many devices but not stock froyo tb. Works on GB thunderbolt though because the lib files were modded.
I was referring to the latest version from the market, not either of the hacked APKs available on XDA, as to why the app wants an updated app. Perhaps now that the device check has been removed by NetFlix, it may work without the update message he received. If he cannot download it from the market, perhaps it can be uploaded here.

rbw62

Reaction score
They took it off Market. Why?

djakrse

Reaction score

dbelshe

Reaction score
Finally got it working, had to install Super Manager from the market and delete the Netflix app that was included in the rom, then install the patch from XDA and then was able to install one of the .apks from XDA and all is working now. Thank you all for your help, Im a truck driver and am without tv service for a few weeks, so this will be a life saver.