netflix on TB?

dbelshe

Reaction score
Downloaded and logged in to netflix just fine, but movies only start to play for a second, but that's it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jimmydene84

Reaction score
It's working on BAMF GB 2.0-5 used it just last night

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I'm on bamf gb now..and confirm...works! Was having fc on camcorder but someone on xda posted a htccamera.apk and it fixed the fc.

Dude lockscreen is friggen awesome.

jimmydene84

Reaction score

I'm on bamf gb now..and confirm...works! Was having fc on camcorder but someone on xda posted a htccamera.apk and it fixed the fc.

Dude lockscreen is friggen awesome.

Yea, lockscreen is amazing! Can't wait till we get some theming goin on with it!

dbelshe

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that I may need to rooted for it to work, is this the case? If so, sorry for not paying better attention.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that I may need to rooted for it to work, is this the case? If so, sorry for not paying better attention.

Yeah, most likely. I'm not rooted and I D'Led different Netflix .apk's and tried them all, none of them played. They had the buffering circle thing pop up, but then went back to my queue page... well, not my queue page actually, but the app's homescreen.

Soon... hopefully soon...

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Should be an official app any time now with the revolution getting it stock. Although in so tempted to just break down and root this. I want Gingerbread now!!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't stand Pandora on gingerbread. I'm going back to froyo till gb gets a bit more development. It's mostly stable just a couple little gripes.

Loading loading loading loading loading loading.....cont. can't go back can't quit...have to wait 5 minutes to hear music. Next song.....same crap. Sux. I don't even listen to real radio...just Pandora

ridin the lightning

Last edited:

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I have a stock Thunderbolt. I installed the app from XDA developers and the second link. It takes me to the Netflix screen, I click on a video and it goes to load gives me the "Netflix" red screen and then goes right back to the original screen where you pick your video. I want this to work so badly, help!!!

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
I have a stock Thunderbolt. I installed the app from XDA developers and the second link. It takes me to the Netflix screen, I click on a video and it goes to load gives me the "Netflix" red screen and then goes right back to the original screen where you pick your video. I want this to work so badly, help!!!

I'm in the same boat... I think we're gonna have to wait for a new app, or wait for GB to come out for us.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

You need to be rooted and install the modded library files from XDA for it to work on the TB

Natey2

Reaction score

You need to be rooted and install the modded library files from XDA for it to work on the TB

Strange that the 2nd link (device check disabled) works fine on a stock unrooted DroidX like mine and many others.
Makes one wonder what is so different in Android 2.2 between a DroidX and a Thunderbolt...
Does the Netflix app address hardware directly?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Reaction score
It's great that Netflix works on certain dev ROMs but why won't it work stock? It works with Inc1 2.2 and Evo 4g 2.2 so I don't understand why it won't work on the TBolt. Does anyone here know what the difference is? Is it due to a limitation of the newer CPU?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's great that Netflix works on certain dev ROMs but why won't it work stock? It works with Inc1 2.2 and Evo 4g 2.2 so I don't understand why it won't work on the TBolt. Does anyone here know what the difference is? Is it due to a limitation of the newer CPU?

As posted above it has to do with system files.....The library files need to be modded.