No love yet for the d2g running fission rom :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Is anyone running stock rom and trying?

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

ObieNobie

Reaction score
just so that all of you know there is an apk that should theoritically work on your phone... the author of this write up tested on several devices and it did work... So check it out... I do not have my D2G as of now so I can't check it but there is no harm for you to check... and please update if it is running...
Click on the link below
Netflix Removes Device Check, Should Work on Most Android Devices (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Not working for me... Well stream for 3 secs then back to main netflix screen

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Any new info on netflix for d2g?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Anyone tried the new netflix update?

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Tried and it didn't work

hhertz

Reaction score
device check disabled Netflix works on Droid but not Droid 2

I have a Droid 2 Global (rooted, stock ROM) as my primary phone. I have my old Motorola Droid (rooted, CyanogenMod 7.02) without a phone account used only on WiFi.
I was able to install Netflix-mediaclient-2.apk on the Droid where it works fine.
The same apk does not work on the Droid 2, I get the above failure to actually play a video but the other app functions (queue, browse, etc) work. The failure symptoms are as described above.

oiftanker

Reaction score
Still no luck on this? i have tried several versions of the app and no luck.
running D2G stock ROM.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. That sucks. Don't know what i would do without my netflix, haha

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

SteveIrv

Reaction score
New update working on my stock d2g

Yes it is (version 1.3)....

Although I've seen/heard comments about the video/audio quality not being much good, when my D2G is connected to my home wifi (wireless N on a 20mbps feed) the video quality looks HD, the audio quality is also VERY good when you're using headphones/earbuds.

Doesn't "eat batteries" as badly as some people would have you believe, I like using mine for this while the phone is sitting in one of my multimedia cradles.

Haven't seen the Netflix app do it, but the HBOGo app will give you a dialog box when you're on 3G telling you that on 3G your picture quality may not be much good. Actually gives you the option to switch to an audio only stream.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Although I've seen/heard comments about the video/audio quality not being much good, when my D2G is connected to my home wifi (wireless N on a 20mbps feed) the video quality looks HD, the audio quality is also VERY good when you're using headphones/earbuds.

Doesn't "eat batteries" as badly as some people would have you believe, I like using mine for this while the phone is sitting in one of my multimedia cradles.

Haven't seen the Netflix app do it, but the HBOGo app will give you a dialog box when you're on 3G telling you that on 3G your picture quality may not be much good. Actually gives you the option to switch to an audio only stream.

Yours probably doesn't eat battery as bad because you are on wifi. Using a 3G data connection, it really eats battery

LGX v2.4

SteveIrv

Reaction score

Yours probably doesn't eat battery as bad because you are on wifi. Using a 3G data connection, it really eats battery

LGX v2.4

<shrug>...I'm not always on wifi, so tell me what else some other people are probably doing to deplete batteries. I've heard the battery horror stories long before the Netlflx app was released....