Netflix Now has Full Support for Honeycomb Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
netflix_honeycomb.jpg

We can now stream Netflix movies directly to our Android Honeycomb Tablets without having to bother with third party apps or other workarounds. Wednesday, Netflix announced they have updated their app to include full native support of Honeycomb devices. Additionally, they have now added support for Canadian and Latin American markets too. Here's a link to the Market App below.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via BGR and Netflix - Android Market

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So there is a Market link to the app, but it doesn't use apks??

Also, does this mean it's using the Honeycomb browser? I don't understand how this is working. What exactly does "full native support" mean? I don't have a honeycomb tablet. Did it not work before?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
That happened to me when I was running Froyo, but it was with the last update. Moving to GB fixed it for me.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
That happened to me when I was running Froyo, but it was with the last update. Moving to GB fixed it for me.

Audio, but no video on my HP Touchpad and Droid 2, both running CM7 Gingerbread. Netflix borked things again.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just tried the update, and its not working for me. Glad I got a backup.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I just installed netflix on my bionic there's no issue with either playback audio or video

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
And it will support ICS when what, Karmel Korn comes out? Frankly, its sad they consider themselves a company with that slow of a time for customers.