Netflix Now Available.

er111a

Reaction score
I have GB on my phone but it doesn't work for me. Says my device is not supported.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

you cannot download it from the market...you have to get it from another source

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah I know that. That's what the actual app told me. I downloaded the one in here and that one worked though so my apk must just have been old.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Side loaded the .apk file...I can log in, load my Queue, but can not watch streaming content on my Droid X running the original P3Droid Pre Rooted DeoDexxed GB leak...

**Edited to add that if you snag the downloaded /apk from this link --->http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/12...or-the-droidx/ <---, that the Droid X will in fact stream NetFlix films on the phone provided you are running a GB build...**

joeshell20

Reaction score
Side loaded the .apk file...I can log in, load my Queue, but can not watch streaming content on my Droid X running the original P3Droid Pre Rooted DeoDexxed GB leak...

**Edited to add that if you snag the downloaded /apk from this link --->http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/12...or-the-droidx/ <---, that the Droid X will in fact stream NetFlix films on the phone provided you are running a GB build...**

Exactly what build are you running? I am on Liberty GB.4. It looks like it is going to work, but the stream never starts. Just a blank, black screen with a slider.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Android users, rejoice: Netflix is finally available — at least on select devices. U.S. Netflix users who have an HTC Incredible, Nexus One, Evo 4G, HTC G2 or Nexus S can download the app from the Android Market and watch TV shows and movies over 3G or Wi-Fi.Why is the app only available on a smattering of Android smartphones? On the official Netflix blog, Roma De from the product team says that a lack of “standard streaming playback features” is a challenge for bringing Netflix to more devices. De says that Netflix is “aggressively qualifying phones” and expects that the app will work on a large majority of Android phones in the next few months.
Last November, Netflix cited concerns over the lack of standardized DRM and content protection mechanisms for the delay in bringing Netflix to Android. It’s always possible that future Android OS software releases could make the process less complex by standardizing various protocols and policies.
As for the app itself, we haven’t been able to test it, but the screenshots look like it packs in all the features as its iOS and Windows Phone 7 counterparts. That includes access to browsing by genre, title and access to a user’s Watch Instantly queue.

[via Engadget]

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i thought fragmentation was a boogeyman! :D

anyway can't wait till it rolls out hopefully to the OG droid without needing GB...i went back to froyo and dont feel like going back just for this :( haha

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

anyway can't wait till it rolls out hopefully to the OG droid without needing GB...i went back to froyo and dont feel like going back just for this :( haha

I kind of wonder if it'll ever get support with it being so old. I mean I hope it does but I'm just curious if it will.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

I kind of wonder if it'll ever get support with it being so old. I mean I hope it does but I'm just curious if it will.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Yeah good point, probably not worth it for netflix to try given that the d1 is ancient (although I still love mine haha)...i have an upgrade soon, I'll make sure my phone is supported before I buy

Alster2005

Reaction score
If it gets to the point where netflix, hulu, and skype will work onxoom tablets ill buy one

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

billyidle

Reaction score
Funny how my 1.2ghz OG Droid running Android 2.3.4 is considered ancient by so many...

I haven't found a reason to upgrade this "ancient" beast yet :)

bassjason

Reaction score
Finally! Still gotta wait for my phone to work but glad to see something released!