Netflix connection speed with pdanet

kywihu

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone was having an issue watching netflix on their pc via pdanet? It's saying the connection is too slow to stream movies even though before the new pdanet upgrade, I could watch no problem.

Thanks
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

gDroid11

Reaction score
Netflix didn't work for me until I changed my tethering option in PDANet to None. If I use any other option, NetFlix and viewing inside Amazon books does not work.

-Right click on PDANet in Task Bar
-Settings >> Hide Tether Usage >> None

easports611

Reaction score
That worked for me as well, but I'm worried if I turn that feature off will Verizon be able to see I'm tethering? And possibly charge me extra or shut my phone down? I downloaded pdanet for the first time about 2 weeks ago after the newest version was already out and the hide tethering usage feature was always there...haven't tried old pdanets or without that feature. Just wondering if it is bad to turn it off.

gDroid11

Reaction score
That worked for me as well, but I'm worried if I turn that feature off will Verizon be able to see I'm tethering? And possibly charge me extra or shut my phone down? I downloaded pdanet for the first time about 2 weeks ago after the newest version was already out and the hide tethering usage feature was always there...haven't tried old pdanets or without that feature. Just wondering if it is bad to turn it off.

I changed the setting to None, started the Netflix movie, turned the setting back to Level I and the movie continued with no problem. I didn't watch the entire movie only about 10 minutes of it so I am not sure if changing the setting back to Level I will cause problems past 10 minutes. I am sure to watch a movie soon and will let you know.

cole

Reaction score
im having the same problem, but i dont have the 'hide tether usage' option.. any ideas?

gDroid11

Reaction score
im having the same problem, but i dont have the 'hide tether usage' option.. any ideas?

Did you purchase the PDANet or are you still using the trial version? I only paid $15.95 for it so it is well worth it. I think after the trial period, it won't work unless you buy it. Seriously worth it.

cole

Reaction score
yes i have it purchased but when i right click i dont have the option to "hide Tether Usage" tab

easports611

Reaction score
Did the old pdanet (I.e. prior to 3.0) have the hide tether usage feature? If it worked before why did they add this feature ?Could it be bad to turn off the feature now that verizon is supposedly crackingn down on tethering? Anyones thoughts ?

LocaButt

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. I didn't know where to post, so I figured this thread might apply.

I just installed PdaNet today, so I am just starting my trial period.
I did an internet speed test on my PC and got 1.78 mbps (down) and .5 mbps (up).
I am using BitTorrent to download some things and it won't download any faster than 10 kBps - averaging @ < 1 - 2 kBps. It is certainly not the client (my cable was cruising @ > 700kBps - there's got to be something causing my speed to suck.

I have tried to turn off the "Hide Tether Usage." I have unchecked "Use Google DNS." Neither helped.

Any ideas?

OP
K

kywihu

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I got it to work with your help.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums