Netflix App?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by noordzy77, Nov 29, 2009.

1. noordzy77

noordzy77 New Member

ANything out there for Netflix Streaming?
  2. chomorro

chomorro New Member

i think the app ks called jetflix. I dont use it but i read about it
  3. Djanvk

Djanvk New Member

There is one called Phoneflix that I use, seems to work well.
  4. Guindalf

Guindalf New Member

Really? Despite the warnings from Netflix themselves not to install?
  5. Djanvk

Djanvk New Member

Really, didn't hear that thanks.
  6. pwjone1

pwjone1 New Member

PhoneFlicks-Netflix Android?

Anyone tried this out? Looks like something that interfaces with Netflix. I've done the regular browser interface, that's a bit clunky, something that was mobile optimized would be nice.
  7. Funky145

Funky145 New Member

Can you provide a link to the Netflix warnings?
  8. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I use Phoneflix for scolling and setting my instant que. I have never had an issue
  9. Chillson

Chillson New Member

Do you have a link to this warning?
  10. pwjone1

pwjone1 New Member

I don't have a link to the warning, but it's pretty "negative", comes up when you go to provide your Netflix userid/password. Just install and bring up Phoneflix to see.

Lets see if I can get it typed in here:

Netfllix

Phoneflix wants to access your Netflix Account.

You should not authorize Phoneflix unless you trust them with access to your account.

By confirming, you allow Phoneflix to access, and and update your Neflix data, including your queue, rental history, and ratings.

This page is provide by Netflix to authorize third-party applications, but has not been configured to send-requests securely. If you grant access but you did not initiate this request at Phoneflix, it may be possible for other users of Phoneflix to access your data. We recommend you deny access unless you are certain that you initiated this request directly within Phoneflix.

Anyway, you get the general idea. Now, technically, I get this message when I am bringing up Phoneflix, and my reading of it is that Netflix is really not too keen on Phoneflix accessing the users' data. Granted, I'm not all that worried about the data, not like it's nuclear launch codes or anything, not like anyone is going to discover anything much from my movies watched list (other than I watch a lot of Oscar nominated stuff, independent and foreign films, but then I'm not a celebrity, so mostly people would get bored). And if Phoneflix is going to update the ratings and queues, then it kind of needs this access from Netflix, you have to trust them that far.

Seems like if Netflix is worried about "security" or "users data protection", it could solve a lot of problems by providing its own Android App, or at least a mobile interface that worked better.
  11. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

This is nothing other than a standard CYA used by many sites that store or access personal data. You'll get much the same notification from many sites when you sign up, modify a password, or access your account.

Are you unfamiliar with "My Verizon?"
  12. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

That warning is the same warning that Netflix displays for every application that requests API access to Netflix. Queueman and Flixster displayed the same screen.

This does not indicate any opinion from Netflix on whether the application is permitted or taboo. It just warns you to be careful with your Netflix credentials.

I haven't installed this yet, but I guess the app appears to Netflix as if it is a PC? Does it require the four character device auth code one time at the beginning? Does it show in the authorized device list on Netflix's site as one of your six possible auth'd devices?
  13. cb2000a

cb2000a New Member

Jetflix is streaming TV shows (network shows and HBO/Showtime) that is sub based and works very well. I tried it during the preview event. This is the same company that provides media to private jets/corporate jets.
  14. Froodychick

Froodychick New Member

I use phoneflix without any problems but must admit I missed the warning when I logged on. Hum, I will probably keep using it to check to see what i have next in my que.
  15. Megsy222

Megsy222 New Member

Flixster lets you view your Netflix queue. I'm not sure if you can search and add movies to your queue though.
  16. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

I thought the OP was asking if there was an app to actually stream netflix to your droid... not just look at your queue/browse etc... it would be sweet if you could stream to your droid like you can to your Xbox...
  17. Parafly9

Parafly9 New Member

yeah that woul dbe awsome. Or an Amazon VOD streaming utility.
  18. Phoxus

Phoxus New Member

Flash 10.1...
  19. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Netflix uses Microsoft Silverlight, not Flash.
  20. VitsDroid

VitsDroid New Member

jetflix is cool

I started using Jetflicks yesturday, The videos are good quality, no commercials and a lot of shows, streams flawlessly over 3G and loads fast. Watched Dexter while on the treadmill at the gym, the peeps next to me where so jealous. Also watched the big bang theory, supper funny! Its an investment though. $50 a year and $2 for the app.

My only con is the user interface! its just plain 1995, It really sucks. The developer really needs to work on that. The other thing is that developer is buying 5* ratings by offering a free month if you leave 5*s and then email him with your info and he will then give you a month. I hate when people get a bribe for 5*, it keeps the developer from working hard on improving his app because the risk of loosing customers is much lower. I emailed the developer and he answered within a few hours, so good news there. Hopefully he fixes the UI cause it really sucks.

But it does stream well, and keeps me from downloading to the comp, converting, putting on my phone, and deciding ahead of time what I want to watch while i am hitting the gym, or stuck at an appointment or something. I would buy again. :motdroidhoriz:
Search tags for this page

appnetflex

netfllix app url

phoneflix app not working

phoneflix not working

too many permissions on netflix app