Netflix app

mjh68

Reaction score
I was bored at work this morning, and was surfing and ran across the netflix apk so thought I would install and give it a shot. I am on Miui 5.6 and it installed and worked just fine ! I was able to stream movies on 3g with a little buffering , but for the most part really worked well.

P.S. I ran this on the Motorola droid D1

Apk was from xda developers and was in a Samsung Vibrant forum , I had just did a search for netflix app on xda and this was one of the links that popped up.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Can you provide a link. I tried a version last night on 4.29 and it didn't work. Maybe you need Android 2.3.4 for it to work.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Djynn

Reaction score
hm.....Im running 1.5.6 on D1 and i get the unsupported device error

schoeds

Reaction score
I found two different links last night, first one I tried gave me the device error, while the second link works great.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

drilus

Reaction score
I had actually tried out the Netflix app too. I'm on 1.4.29 and the streaming was amazing. I had wifi on and couldn't notice any drop in quality.

Only problem was that it took a LONG time to respond while the vid was streaming. No vibration on button presses (menu, home screen, etc). It did eventually respond and I was able to back out. dancedroid

CD95YJ

Reaction score
From what I understand you have to have adobe flash upgraded to 10.3 as well as be running certain roms on the D1

Anathema

Reaction score
From what I understand you have to have adobe flash upgraded to 10.3 as well as be running certain roms on the D1

It works on all GB roms from what I've heard...except not always MIUI

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
It ran perfectly on 1.5.6 for me. I didn't even restore my adobe flash player........but had to bail because of the text messaging problems........I might go flash back tonight and just install chomp or handscent.

It worked on 4 of my gb roms. No froyo tho

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums