netflix app for froyo?

Phaze08

Reaction score
Does anyone know if netflix works for froyo? I heard somewhere that it did but can't find it. Anyone know details?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I haven't heard that. I could only get it to work on the GB leaks, I'm using the apex 2.0 beta.

hensonlf

Reaction score
I downloaded the Netflix app from xda and it works on my droid2 as well as my wife's lg ally.

cpl rampage

Reaction score
I downloaded the Netflix app from xda and it works on my droid2 as well as my wife's lg ally.

Just curious, how did you get the activation code from the netfix app? I have a D2G, and the app opens and allows me to view my movies, but i cant watch movies, it begins to load a movie and then resets to the movie browser. im wondering if it is because i haven't activated it yet, but i cant find the activation code. Or does this only work for liberty users?

Last edited:

gthotie5

Reaction score

Just curious, how did you get the activation code from the netfix app? I have a D2G, and the app opens and allows me to view my movies, but i cant watch movies, it begins to load a movie and then resets to the movie browser. im wondering if it is because i haven't activated it yet, but i cant find the activation code. Or does this only work for liberty users?

I have this same problem.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hensonlf

Reaction score
Not sure. I was not asked for a code. I just installed the app and logged into my account. Which version did you download?

howzball

Reaction score
Just installed the XDA-Developers Netflix app on two stock original Droids running Froyo and they both work like a dream.

I knew it wouldn't take too long for someone to find a work-around for us. Looks like I won't be replacing my OG Droid anytime soon after all.

cpl rampage

Reaction score
Not sure. I was not asked for a code. I just installed the app and logged into my account. Which version did you download?

I tried both the device id removed version and the other mod version for those that have login issues. The only thing I haven't tried is using the vanilla version, and edit the prop file. I believe that is what the original hack was right?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Works on my wife's unrooted DX2 w/Froyo as well...the version w/the device checker disabled...great stuff, I'm a hero now. :)