Reaction score
it installls just fine, but when you launch a movie you get the 12001 error

rladkins25

Reaction score
App not working on dx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zoe

Reaction score
I had 2 versions of this, neither worked... once on gb I tried the most recent version, and still no go as far as streaming. don't have the need to adjust my dvd queue from my x

[insert_here]

DROOIID

Reaction score
Sad... this is probably a good thing, there is now way my battery would last more than an hour streaming movies.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I have two builds of the netflix app. One will give 12001 error when trying to stream and the other wont get past login without fc. Been keeping an eye on droid-life for new info.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rusty815

Reaction score
if i recall, the netfix app wont work unless you have the right hardware, which from what i read is second gen snapdragon and above. the OMAP processors in our droids are older than that, so i believe theyre not supported.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
this was leaked to me guessing the streaming will work when there private beta launches next week I will contact the person who leaked this to me & see if they can give me any info on when or how to get streaming working

Asphyx

Reaction score
if i recall, the netfix app wont work unless you have the right hardware, which from what i read is second gen snapdragon and above. the OMAP processors in our droids are older than that, so i believe theyre not supported.

Rusty is correct! The 2nd gen Snap has DRM built into the proc. This will not work on any phone that does not have that proc.

It may be possible for someone to hack a DRM driver that allows it to work in the future but I am guessing that Netflix would quickly catch onto anything like that and close the hole.

They need the DRM to work for contractual reasons with their content providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.