nesoid/snesoid/gbcoid lite save question

e87genius

Reaction score
is it just me or can no else save the game via the normal process(regular game saves) with nesoid lite/snesoid lite/gbcoid lite? i thought the paid app versions allow the ingame save states and dont affect the regular game saving function. ie: when i play LoZ: Link's Awakening on gbcoid, i try to save it and exit the emulator but i come back to find nothing saved under the first character file. am i doing something wrong? i found gameboid lite can save games normally. this is a shame for playing rpg's if the save function doesnt work unless you have to purchase it for the ingame saves...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
is it just me or can no else save the game via the normal process(regular game saves) with nesoid lite/snesoid lite/gbcoid lite? i thought the paid app versions allow the ingame save states and dont affect the regular game saving function. ie: when i play LoZ: Link's Awakening on gbcoid, i try to save it and exit the emulator but i come back to find nothing saved under the first character file. am i doing something wrong? i found gameboid lite can save games normally. this is a shame for playing rpg's if the save function doesnt work unless you have to purchase it for the ingame saves...

That's weird it used to work...maybe the developer blocked it somehow to urge people to buy the app.

Million

Reaction score
Gameboid Lite can save games normally without savestates.
Snesoid fullversion CANNOT save games normally without savestates.

OP
E

e87genius

Reaction score
really? i tried playing pokemon yellow version on gameboy lite but the regular 'game save' function doesnt work. i pick up pikachu from pallet town and save but when i restart the app, it doesnt show my save file? am i doing something wrong? the same can be said about snesoid lite and nesoid lite where i make a zelda save file and my character in slot one doesnt save after i start the app? i noticed the apps arent making .sav files....

elverdugo0

Reaction score
well ive done the regular ingame save with pokemon fire red...you know what ima try it right now......(5 minutes later) I played for about 3 minutes, saved it, quit the game, and started the game again and my saved file was there exactly were i saved last. I don't know why it wouldnt work with you. I'm using gameboid lite and is find with pokemon red, i haven't tried with any other.

OP
E

e87genius

Reaction score
the emulators im referring to are nesoid lite/snesoid lite/gbcoid lite. gameboid saves properly but the other emulators dont have the regular save function working. try playing legend of zelda on snes and see if the game saves correctly. thanks.

Million

Reaction score
Actually, snesoid full can use in game saves... doesn't work with dkc, but works with dkc3 and others. Lite version can't use saves

NVash

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get in touch with the developer? I have one suggestion for him, if he incorporates GameShark cheats into each program for paid versions theyll be instant sales. Im sure of it. Even moreso if he can figure out how to have it so people can duel and trade Pokemon wirelessly through Droids.

NickName

Reaction score
Yea he has an email you can reach him at but I doubt he would do that.

aarontliu

Reaction score
I've been having problems with gameboid lite now too. I was playing Fire Red, and all the in-game saves were working just fine. This morning, when I loaded Fire Red again, there was no saved game. I then checked my Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising save, and it wad gone too. I've onlt been using the emulator for about 2 days, so I can't understtand the problem.

Also, is it possible that the lite version of Gameboid is set to automatically delete save states after a certain amount of time?

archfiend997

Reaction score
Saving doesn't work even on full version!

I have a Droid ERIS by HTC and I purchased the full version of GBCoid and it still won't save the states! I click on Menu > Save and no matter which "slot" I click on it won't save! It always says "<empty>" right below it. I have PLENTY of room on my SD card and about 51 MB on the phone itself, which should plenty of space for saving a state... anyone else had this problem? Any hints? I want my money back!

AU4brent

Reaction score
This is the first emulator I've ever used, and I'm confused about how to make a save state. I'm using the nesoid pro emulator on the motorola droid. I found a youtube video showing how to make a save state on a PC, but none showing me how to do it on my phone.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I've been having problems with gameboid lite now too. I was playing Fire Red, and all the in-game saves were working just fine. This morning, when I loaded Fire Red again, there was no saved game. I then checked my Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising save, and it wad gone too. I've onlt been using the emulator for about 2 days, so I can't understtand the problem.

Also, is it possible that the lite version of Gameboid is set to automatically delete save states after a certain amount of time?

I've noticed the same issue with Fire Red, but it doesn't seem to happen with other save files. I just backup the Fire Red.sav file to my computer every so often and when GameBoid no longer sees it, I restore the backup and everything works fine.