NES/SNES/N64 Emulators

Zandar

Reaction score
You probably selected NESoid for package installation by default (so you wouldn't see the popup screen anymore). You ought to be able to disable auto selection in Settings (under Applications, I should think). I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like's happening to you.

mandrew909

Reaction score
This brings up another idea. For gaming purposes, wouldn't the DPAD been better placed on the left side? :)

Not really. I have no doubt I'll be able to use the DPAD on the right just as well as on the left.

there is an adapter you can get if that has the basic shapes of most gaming controllers, its called the game gripper, very universal and works with a lot of emulators.

game-gripper

metalblood

Reaction score
Hey I'm having a problem with minish cap. I'm at dark hyrule castle and when I go outside to the area with all the tornados and the game shuts off. Anyone else have this problem? It worked perfectly until this point. If anyone has finished the game on their Droid with no problems please let me know.

Reaction score
This brings up another idea. For gaming purposes, wouldn't the DPAD been better placed on the left side? :)

Not really. I have no doubt I'll be able to use the DPAD on the right just as well as on the left.

there is an adapter you can get if that has the basic shapes of most gaming controllers, its called the game gripper, very universal and works with a lot of emulators.

game-gripper

Two suggestions to solve this issue:

1) under settings if you use Gameboid there is an option to flip the display upside down so you can hold the phone upside down as well so the D-pad will be on the left.. Problem solved.
2) What I do is assign the directional pad movements to letters (W-up Z-down D-right X- Rightdown ext.) and then the A B L R buttons to the D-pad. I find this the easiest, and have played through many games fully using these key assignments.
Easier then buying a gaming pad for your phone, which would be a real inconvenience to carry around all the time...

whosdadog

Reaction score
Hey I'm having a problem with minish cap. I'm at dark hyrule castle and when I go outside to the area with all the tornados and the game shuts off. Anyone else have this problem? It worked perfectly until this point. If anyone has finished the game on their Droid with no problems please let me know.

My game freezes at that exact point also. I thought I broke it somehow, but I guess there is just something wrong with the game that the emu can't parse. Doesn't it tick you off to get through the entire game, only to have it freeze before the final boss?

Reaction score
wow this is so awesome. it took me a coule of hours and decided to have a friend help and he got it done lol. but thanks for the how to guys.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
Anyone know of any future plans to incorporate multiplayer? znes' netplay feature is awesome and would make the droid snes/nes emulators ridiculously awesome :)

sonik213

Reaction score
Minish Cap freezing in dark hyrule castle

I would like to know if anyone of you know how to go around the freezing on the first tornado in the dark hyrule castle? as soon as i walk the game resets. it is very annoying. btw does anyone know how to use gameshark or another code for this game. i am having trouble using gameshark that i downloaded.

Targitzan

Reaction score
Hey, I love the emulators dearly but I just have a few minor problems someone night be able to help me out with.

The games run fine and all and I prefer using the on-screen keypad for a number of reasons (mostly because my F, G and H keys fell off my physical keyboard and several others are on their way). However, the phone doesn't let seem to let me use 3 buttons at once even if I check "multi-touch" or whatever it's called. That applies to the NES, SNES, GBC and GBA emulators.

How can I fix this? My phone's a regular Motorola Droid, rooted with DroidMod 164 (1.0), firmware 2.0.1 if that helps.

droid-face

Reaction score
N64 emu is in the works!

Hopefully Zod releases some news, or even the emu itself soon.

Last edited:

droid-face

Reaction score
N64 emu is in the works!

Hopefully Zod releases some news, or even the emu itself soon.
Do you have a source on this?

His twitter account.
Many have asked about his progress and he has replied saying that its up and running but there are a few graphical issues which he needs to fix.
It doesn't seem like his priority though, he seems to favour iOS.

GT944

Reaction score
This may have been explored but has anyone found a good physical controller option for the Dinc? Sure is hard to play touchscreen d-pad on action games like Zelda.

Sent from my ADR6300

droid-face

Reaction score
This may have been explored but has anyone found a good physical controller option for the Dinc? Sure is hard to play touchscreen d-pad on action games like Zelda.

Sent from my ADR6300

Mini Bluetooth keyboard.

N64 emulator update:
zodttd: I am still working on n64droid. Sadly that same bug still exists preventing anything from displaying. Driving me mad. :( @

droidthx

Reaction score
controller

wiimote is free on market..you can link any oem wii remote and use it as a nes controller. if your looking for more buttons, sixaxis controller links any oem ps3 controller. pretty awesome!