1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nervous, Please help...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zaldonisj, Feb 4, 2010.

1. zaldonisj

zaldonisj New Member

I was following a 61 step instruction list to root my droid and install a custom rom. I was doing it all step by step and was messing with the Terminal Emulator like it told me too. I get to a step where i need a certain file and it is nowhere to be found. I realize it doesnt exist anymore. So basically the issue is I am extremely nervous now that verizon wont accept my phone when i need it fixed and now i wont get the ota updates... Is there a way that i can reset my phone to factory default? Sorry if this is a noob question but i am freaking out right now... Thanks.
  2. Wahooka

Wahooka New Member

3. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Relax bro. Its not like you just found out a girl you slept with had Herpes. Follow the link, and don't try rooting again, you don't have the right mindset for it.

*Easiest* way to get back to stock (No root, no busybox)

-Wil
  4. zaldonisj

zaldonisj New Member

I got SMUpdater. I did the root thing. It now says "Your Recover image needs to be updated. Continuing will void your warranty!" It recommends me to quit. Do i flash it and then select the default thing you were talking about? Sorry im such a noob im just lost... thanks
  5. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

So what exactly are you trying to do? You said you wanted back to stock but you re-rooted your phone? I would not follow any tutorial that has over 60 steps, haha. If you want to do this to your phone then just do each step individually.

1. root your phone (which I guess you already have)
    2. install sprecovery (search it on forum)
    3. install custom rom that you want.

If you are wanting back to stock I apologize..
  6. mrnelson86

mrnelson86 New Member

Don't be nervous, the great thing about rooting is that it is reversible. Verizon would never know you did it if you clean up your tracks... If you still want to root, follow the guy above me's post. If you want to be back to stock, follow the links earlier in the thread. If none of those are working for you, let me know and I'll try to help.