Nervous newB..

Zayy

Reaction score
Ok lets say I down load Z4root from my lap top and install it into my phone..what programs or apps would I need to create a "nandroid" back up flash? or from a seasoned DX rooter, what would be the next step?? or should I even try if I'm not too confident??

United We Droid.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Don't be nervous. You will be fine. You will need DX bootstrapper to make your backup. Check out my sig.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Ooo.. Sorry I forgot it wasn't in my signature anymore. Check out this video.

[video=youtube;OIoyvPJ6BB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIoyvPJ6BB8]YouTube - Droid X Bootstrapper Tutorial (Clockwork Recovery/Backup)[/video]

OP
Z

Zayy

Reaction score
ahh damn it I need a credit card??? shoot. is that the only one??

United We Droid.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
O and yes that is what you will need to make a backup and flash any ROM's.

OP
Z

Zayy

Reaction score
thanks so much!! I will forsurre. Your video willl help alot to

United We Droid.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Do not do any ROMS or any further steps until you get a stock backup. Follow my youtube channel and it will take you through everything. :icon_ banana:

OP
Z

Zayy

Reaction score
on the video the file says 1.3.0, I think my X is on android 2 2.1 and it says my system is 2.3.340 does this matter at all??

United We Droid.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Anything you see in my videos is compatible with 2.3.340. Im still not sure which file you are talking about. Maybe the download off of Koush's site?

OP
Z

Zayy

Reaction score
yea sorry that way pretty vague hah that's what I meant, the file on XDA.

United We Droid.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
yea.. Thats fine.. go ahead with it.. Do a reboot prior to rooting.. Seems to hang up less..

HayWire

Reaction score
Don't mean to thread jack but when I put liberty on my x, I didn't do a nandroid back up I dont think I just used titanium backup..Have a royally screwed the pooch by doing so?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
No your not screwed. You just don't have a stock backup to go back to if you wan't to update. You will have to SBF. As long as you have a stable ROM. Which so far liberty is you will be fine. You can flash other ROMS and such. I would make a backup of Liberty at least you will have something stable to go back to if crap hits the fan.