Neocore Scores for 2.2?

hobojoe196061

Reaction score
I'm running stock 2.1, and i get an average score of 24.4 fps running the Neocore benchmark, and i was wondering if anyone has used this to benchmark 2.2. i just want to get a good idea of how much better froyo makes the Droid.

thanks!

hairdewx

Reaction score
I'm running stock 2.1, and i get an average score of 24.4 fps running the Neocore benchmark, and i was wondering if anyone has used this to benchmark 2.2. i just want to get a good idea of how much better froyo makes the Droid.

thanks!

I get the same scores on 2.2 froyo... :r_c:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not sure what this tests really.. people checking speed with linpack and quadrant are getting MUCH higher/better scores than from most any 2.1 build....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im waiting for the test to finish or something, but try this one too.

Tesuji Games: 2-D Graphics Slowdown After Motorola Droid 2.1 Update

The apk is called Lag Test. Its at the bottom near the comments.

On this one u should see the difference between 2.1 and 2.2.

First, I had to open the keyboard to even select the test, instructions woulda been nice in the app.... Plus I see Qualcomm name on it so.....lol

Thats like Intel running benchmark tests for AMD products. Then it looks like this test is dsigned for Snapdragon's or some Qualcomm hardware, look in the About screen.....I dont think this is a good test for the Droid....lol

I'm averaging 23 on Neocore.

Last edited:
OP
H

hobojoe196061

Reaction score
yeah i figured it was a bit biased with the qualcom branding. i had seen it in a video against the evo and the nexus one with froyo, and the droid beat the evo by a full frame...but i digress, i'll try the other mentioned benchmark. thanks for the reply

gatewayad

Reaction score
I got a 24.4FPS with sound and 24.6 without sound on Droid 2.2 running the 1.2 kernel, Pretty cool graphic test

zeiroe

Reaction score
Its not NEOcore but i did the timed demo with quake3 and averaged:

28.6 fps w/o sound
26.8 fps w/sound

before in 2.1 used to be just under 25 fps w/sound

Last edited:

dwagner88

Reaction score
See this is one of those things that I don't understand. Froyo is dramatically improving benchmarks, seemingly doubling performance, but it doesn't really translate into a doubly fast user experience.