NemoPlayer - ripped from Acer Liquid

P3Droid

Reaction score
I think this is from the Liquid. I forget where I got this from but I really love this over the stock media player. It is a little laggy the first time you run it but just open everything up and let it index your files.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

nemo-vid.jpg
nemo-music.jpg
nemo-pics.jpg

This is a killer media player replacement for you. I am going to post some pics for you guys in a few minutes.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea yea fire up some pics. The stock media player leaves a lot to be desired

bamfsig45

Reaction score
looks nice..

Installed and working, looks great. Widget is nice looking.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Figured I'd post while I wait the 45 seconds for the download.... does this player organize albums/music by track numbers or is it the same alphabetical listing the stock media player has? That's my biggest gripe with the stock.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I love that we can just rip apps/updated OS from other phones and put them on the Droid. Really keeps things interesting.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Findings so far....

1) Album tracks are still listed alphabetically... not by track number.
2) In the stock media player when you select an artist it provides a drop down list of all albums... NemoPlayer does not... it simply lists ALL songs, regardless of what album it's on. (This is a huge downer for me... will be uninstalling unfortunately)
3) No real lag or speed difference for me from the stock player
4) Picture browse is sharp!
5) All pictures saved on SD card 'scroll' across the top of the app when in picture menu! Very nice feature.
6) You can sort pictures by folders, date (month) they were taken, or camera pictures (vs downloaded)
7) I have no videos so I didn't try out but it looks as sharp as the rest of the menus.
8) The UI for NemoPlayer is nice. Much better than the stock player, and it also have the option to capture pictures/video from the Menu button within the app.

Ultimately I'd keep this as a replacement for the stock if when I selected an artist it gave me a list of albums instead of lumping all the songs into one long alphabetical list. I have multiple albums for multiple artists so I need this function.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I play entire Genres which is something the stock player doesn't allow. Does Nemo do this?

EDIT: It does not seem to allow this either. :(

If you hit Menu from the main screen it allows you to go right to Capture Picture or Video.

Photos:
I like the Time and Folders features

Videos:
I do NOT like that it doesn't allow breakdown by folder! I use this feature on the existing gallery a lot.

It does allow scaling though which the existing app doesn't. Except it won't scale back up!

It just FCd on me while looking at the Camera Videos list.

The recently played list is great except it plays them from the beginning which only half helps.

Last edited:

AFMDroid

Reaction score
2) In the stock media player when you select an artist it provides a drop down list of all albums... NemoPlayer does not... it simply lists ALL songs, regardless of what album it's on.
Bingo. Deal breaker for me as well. It's pretty slick, otherwise. An update to fix this and I would switch over from the stock player.

Last edited: