Neighbors house burnt to the grown today.

cuskit

Reaction score
One of my wife's co-workers next door neighbor's house burned flat a couple of years ago, and their two young daughters were inside. They left this world in each others arms.
All structure fires are tragic - especially so when human or animal life is lost. I've seen my share of grief, I was an EMT for over 20 years and answered many a call assisting our FD. Always a humbling experience. I could never get over the crowds that would form - they seemed to enjoy it as if it were entertainment. They just don't get the fact that someone is experiencing a very tragic time of their life, besides the human factor - loss of their home, personal belongings as well as mementos that can never be replaced.

Here's hoping the cat survived and is doing well in another home. mike

fd-droid2

Reaction score
house

hope everyone is ok
this is why sprinklers in the house are so important
they cost less than new countertops and help to stop stuff like this happening
I am a volunteer firefighter for a rural community in NC
I hate to see this happen to anyone
in defense of the volunteer fire department .....
a fire starts in a home and takes 3-5 min to get big enough for anyone to call 911
then they report the fire and tone the department this is another 2-3 min
then the guys have to get to the station and gear up 3-5 min
then travel to the house 5-10 min (depending on location)
so average response time is 10-20 min

Again I do hope everyone is doing ok after this bad event

OP
ska8r411

ska8r411

Reaction score
well since then the home owners wife has died. :(

House ended up being a total loss,it didnt burn to the ground but when it spread through the attic it smoke damaged everything,not to mention the water to put it out ruined everything else.

The house was torn down last summer. Now its just a empty lot.

Will take pictures maybe later

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until I read your last post I didn't notice this was last February. Thanks for the update, so sorry to hear the wife passed away. Was it a direct or indirect result of the fire? And, did they ever find the cat?

Desso that was also a very sad story you told too.

OP
ska8r411

ska8r411

Reaction score
Until I read your last post I didn't notice this was last February. Thanks for the update, so sorry to hear the wife passed away. Was it a direct or indirect result of the fire? And, did they ever find the cat?

Desso that was also a very sad story you told too.

Her condition had severely deteriorated basically right after that fire. Probably having something to do with the stress and mental trauma. |
Couple months after the fire she was diagnosed with throat cancer, put on a ventilator and basically bed ridden at home, family says she was basically in comatose state,having days of great improvement,walking around,then the next day completely turned around and being sick again. Thanksgiving morning she passed away.
Her daughter woke up in the early morning around 4am to go to the bathroom,and she knew right away she was gone because she would breath very loud, and that morning she was silent.

As for the cat the family down the road took it in we think because it was always seen hanging around there. And the homeowner of fire had rented a place about 40 mins away, so not in a position to get the cat,knowing it was doing perfectly fine.

ON a good note? One of the fire fighters that responded to the call is now dating my sister,who's 22 years old and their now engaged. How ironic is that?

She makes a good point on her facebook bio, "02-19-2010 was the best and worst day of my life,my best friends house burned down,and I met the love of my life"

Tomorow Ill take a picture of the empty lot.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my wife's co-workers next door neighbor's house burned flat a couple of years ago, and their two young daughters were inside. They left this world in each others arms.

That is powerful right there. Everyone be safe and protect whats yours at all costs. The original story is bad no doubt about it, but this made my stomach drop.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

That is powerful right there. Everyone be safe and protect whats yours at all costs. The original story is bad no doubt about it, but this made my stomach drop.

:frown::icon_ nono2: This really is a stomach dropper. im goiing to be thinking about this all day now. Depressing.