Negativity aside, who is completely satisfied?

rjenk

Reaction score
Overall I am very happy. I moved from an D1 to the Nexus and so far I am loving life. I have rooted the phone and started playing with ROMs.

I handle our corporate account and have used just about everything Verizon has made and my son has gone through D1 > DX > DX2 > Razr and finally to Nexus (long story). Is it a perfect phone? No, but none are.

After the Bionic fiasco, I decided to wait for the Nexus and if I did not like it, then I would try the Razr. Once I got the Nexus I was very satisfied. My son opted for the Razr which after four days of use we returned and got a Nexus. His Razr would freeze during use for 4-5 seconds at a time and would randomly cut off after turning on. After playing with it, I would not own a Razr unless I could use a more generic ROM and get rid of all of the Moto bloatware. Way too much crap on the phone.

With the 'open' platform of the Nexus, it will only get better and better. My only concern so far is battery life but that was expected for an LTE phone. As for camera quality, I am pleased. But lets face it...when you are comparing it to a D1, anything would look like fine art. Regardless, I do not think the cameras is that bad. The few shots I have taken so far are nice. While it is not going to take the place of my Cannon D50, it will do for general snapshots. As for the 5 MP vs 8 MP bashing, remember that more MP does not equal better quality photos.

Htown315

Reaction score
No gimmick could ever get me away from my gnex..whether its "beats" or non-functional carbon fiber ;)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I love this phone. No complaints. That is all. :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Couldn't be more hooked to a device, I'm like a kid with his first Gameboy device:D

mercm3

Reaction score
Both me and my wife love the phone. We came from rooted/custom roms OG droids. We're currently rooted on stock roms.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

gloveman

Reaction score
Awesome phone! Best Christmas present I've ever given to myself......and it came early. 12/15/11

I've had a hard time putting this thing down. Thanks to all the tech-y people on here, I keep learning
more about this "work of art" everyday.

Thanks.

chefb

Reaction score
i do lile the phone ...SEXY! someblag in the keyboard but its ok....got my first reboot...bit coming from other phones im used to that and the browser booting me out eh......that being said this is bad ass .

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Best TOY I have had in over 50 years!

TeeX

Reaction score
I had spent way too much time obsessing over all the rumors and "release dates" that came and went. When it was rumored to come out on 12/9, I took a day off work to dedicate to buying the GNex and setting it up. When that date busted, I did the same thing on the REAL release date. I was first in line outside the store on release day. After all the mental and emotional energy spent leading up to the actual release, there was a ton of expectations on my part with this phone.

After all the build-up to this phone, I am surprised and infinitely pleased to say that the phone has NOT been a letdown, and I am super-satisfied with the GNex!

In the last year, I've been through the DroidX, the Bionic, and now the GNex. I really can't believe how much better the Nexus is than all the rest, it's easily the best phone I've ever used.

scdown

Reaction score
Completely satisfied. Am on vacation in a place that has no 4g, turned off the 4g radio, and get 40-50 hours battery life. At home with 4g, I get about 30. Fast, smooth.

Sent from unlocked, rooted Galaxy Nexus

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Love it!

Best android phone I have ever owned (G1, MT3G, Droid, Droid X, Droid Inc, Droid 3)

No comparison between them... Truly satisfied with this phone and I'm a picky bastard.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate this phones dev support. I mean seriously, why so many roms already?! I had to reset up my phone like 10times the first and second day a lone to test them all out.

Wait.. that's a good thing.. I love this phone! Battery is awesome for it being 4g, signal has been perfect even though the first two days it was a bit rocky, and coming from the Droid 3s awful pentile(which honestly wasn't THAT bad, but compared to this? Lol. The og droids ips screen was better)..oh my. This thing is borderline perfect to me. Just a little to slippery without the case haha.