Neflix About to Go Up in Price Again (for some users)

thc1967

Reaction score
Netflix is worth subscribing to for one month per year. Watch all the series you want for the month, then cancel and wait a year.

There simply isn't enough compelling content to keep me interested year-round. Heck, I was looking for a good movie the other weekend and the very best thing I could find was Starship Troopers. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie and I'm a huge Dina Meyer fan, but that movie is, what, 20 years old?

Yeah, it's worth $10 a month, one month per year.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I kind of agree but I have a kid and there's a lot there for him.
The "new releases" are never new...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I kind of agree but I have a kid and there's a lot there for him.
The "new releases" are never new...
My 6 year-old stepson has figured out how to use the smart TV remote to get his Netflix shows. He's got his own profile that's "Kids Only." Our weekend mornings have never been so peaceful when he's not at his dad's.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lately when I go on Netflix to find a movie to watch, I am quite dissapointed. Most shows that have interesting cover art are 1 to 2 stars. 4 and 5 star movies are almost non existent.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Lately when I go on Netflix to find a movie to watch, I am quite dissapointed. Most shows that have interesting cover art are 1 to 2 stars. 4 and 5 star movies are almost non existent.
I never look at those ratings. Why do I care what other Netflix users that choose to put in a rating care?

Sent from a backup S3 :(

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Netflix is worth subscribing to for one month per year. Watch all the series you want for the month, then cancel and wait a year.

There simply isn't enough compelling content to keep me interested year-round. Heck, I was looking for a good movie the other weekend and the very best thing I could find was Starship Troopers. Don't get me wrong, I love the movie and I'm a huge Dina Meyer fan, but that movie is, what, 20 years old?

Yeah, it's worth $10 a month, one month per year.

This used to be the case 2-3 years ago. These days Netflix updates/releases new programming once a month. With more and more "Netflix Originals" and season updates for current tv series, there's always something new to watch. If you use Netflix mainly for movies than yeah, you're going to be disappointed for sure. While we do watch they occasional movie, our Netflix viewing mainly consists of tv shows & documentaries. IMO Prime offers a better selection of movies than Netflix does.

S5 tap'n

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I never look at those ratings. Why do I care what other Netflix users that choose to put in a rating care?

Sent from a backup S3 :(
Actually, more often than not they are pretty spot on. Much moreso than say Rotten Tomatoes. I'll take user reviews over critics reviews any day.

S5 tap'n

pchain

Reaction score
Paying $9.99/month doesn't even make me flinch. That price still retains its value proposition. Now had they gone to $14.99 instead I'd probably cancel it, but I'd miss having it for sure.

Reactions: cr6

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
With Dish most of my paid movies are less expensive in hd than sd and many hd on demand titles are free but $3 and up for their sd versions.
I just finished my free month of Netflix at the $9.99 option (hd and 2 devices) but they offered me a higher version for $11.99 that included ultra hd (whatever that is) and up to 4 devices at once. Since my daughters use it often at the same time I don't mind paying a couple bucks more for the extra device but if they lose interest I'll just cancel the whole thing anyway.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
SuperHD is 4K

Sent from my aosp_surnia using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Actually, more often than not they are pretty spot on. Much moreso than say Rotten Tomatoes. I'll take user reviews over critics reviews any day.

S5 tap'n
Still a matter of opinion of someone other than myself. As someone who worked at movie theaters for years when I was younger, including managing a smaller theater that got a lot of independent and art films, my opinions on movies differ greatly from the majority of the general public. While I'll take those ratings into some consideration, I still won't let a low rating decide for me whether or not to give a movie a try. I may start it and then stop watching well before the end credits some times, but I've found plenty of films that I enjoyed that had low ratings by the general user base.

JacobVR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
It looks not good on my older 1080 and is no better on my 4K; I'll stick with HD or 4K. What I like is the amount of 4K content Netflix offers. I hope they would get another plan that allowed HD and 4K with only one TV at one time for us single users.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

thc1967

Reaction score
This used to be the case 2-3 years ago. These days Netflix updates/releases new programming once a month. With more and more "Netflix Originals" and season updates for current tv series, there's always something new to watch. If you use Netflix mainly for movies than yeah, you're going to be disappointed for sure. While we do watch they occasional movie, our Netflix viewing mainly consists of tv shows & documentaries. IMO Prime offers a better selection of movies than Netflix does.

S5 tap'n

I watched 2 series that were pretty good - Sense8 and Daredevil. None of the others appealed to me. Good news is, both have a second season on the way so Netflix will get another month worth of subscription out of my wallet this year. :D

I really like the company, especially from a corporate citizenship and taking care of their people perspective. I would love a reason to spend more with them.