Need xprt help for motorola defy plus

rock9900

Reaction score
I wanted to buy the Motorola Defy Plus to use on AT&T USA. If you look at the fact sheet on the website it says it operates on the following bands: Dual-band WCDMA 850/1900,
850/2100, 900/2100, Quadband
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
I went to buy one from a place in the U.K. and it listed the HSDPA/WCDMA bands as only 900/2100. I asked why. UK only utilizes those bands. I asked Motorola if there is only one Defy Plus as opposed to several different ones for different countries. They said there is just one. I bought the phone and when I activate it, it stays in EDGE only. Is this because it was manufactured with only the 900/2100 WCDMA bands or do the other bands (850/1900 & 850/2100) just need to be somehow unleashed by a programming function? You guys may be the only ones knowledgable to answer this. Moto couldn't. The reason that it may be a tip is because if this particular is manufactured with only the 900/2100 bands, then there must be one in the waiting that has the right bands for AT&T which would mean they will offer as well?
That is unannounced. Are there any other countries that use the same bands as AT&T USA? I hope you can help me.
Thanks

OP
R

rock9900

Reaction score
Someone asked me if I want to activate it on Verizon. No, I want to use it on AT&T. I basically need to know if phones are made with all the bands but only certain ones are turned on depending on what country they go to. OR, are they made only with the bands needed for the countries they are headed for?