need wifi help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ryval124, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ryval124

ryval124 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted using stolesmod and everything works like a charm, I just can't find my wifi ssid on my ps3 laptop or desktop.....its not freezing or anything like that I just can't find out why my droid tethering isn't showing up anywheere.someone please help, I checked out the other threads but stolesmod basicaly did everything for me I figured I may have missed something small I hope

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I don't think you missed anything because theres only 1 time Sholes' app even mentions the Tethering app, and thats in the list to install what apps you want, and obviously you installed it.

Here's what I tell everyone first.....try restarting the phone and then try it and see if that works, if not, just post back here

3. ryval124

ryval124 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tryed it and still the same, even rerooted and nothing..ps3 says can't find ssid

4. ryval124

ryval124 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I checked running apps in my setting the wifi tether app wasn't in there but I have the app open and tetheri ng

5. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats fine it shouldnt be.

are you using the access control? Sometimes that will mess it up. Also have you changed any settings yet, ssid, channel, wep, anything?? Sometimes people have to change something in the settings menu and then restart and it works..