1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need updated Market app - can someone help?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by kongo, May 10, 2011.

1. kongo

kongo New Member

Hello,

For some reason, I'm still on 1.82 market, even though I'm on Liquid's 1.96 Froyo ROM (and have updated my phone with new ROMs again and again). I think it has to do with TiBu but not sure. Anyone have the updated market apk I can stick on my phone?

Not sure if there's any special installation instructions for market, but if so, I'd appreciate any help....

I tried to pull it from Liquid's ROM, but I only see MarketUpdater.apk, not the actual market app....

Thanks, DF~

David.
  2. kongo

kongo New Member

Ahh.... thanks!
  3. kongo

kongo New Member

Question:

I tried to install using Root Explorer... didn't work. I moved the Vending.apk to the system/app folder first, then installed, didn't work.

Do I need to push this through Terminal Emulator? I thought the Market was supposed to update automatically? =(
  4. Daballa

Daballa New Member

Make sure you reboot after you do that. You shouldn't need to push through terminal.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD
  5. kongo

kongo New Member

Thanks... I tried that. It's the still the old Market showing up...

P.S. In my system/app folder, I see two files: one is the Vending.apk I pulled from the ROM, and the other is com.android.vending.apk. Hmm....

Do I need to perhaps update the MarketUpdater.apk? It looks like I'm using an old one? I dunno...
  6. kongo

kongo New Member

nevermind. i just flashed a new copy of liquid 1.8. =)
Search tags for this page

android market 1.82