Need to wipe from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2.1?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by cougar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. cougar

cougar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've searched but to me it's still unclear - does anyone know if you need to wipe before applying 0.6.2.1 (the full ROM, NOT the 'upgrade' version, as Pete says that one is only for if you come from 0.6.2) over 0.6.1?

#1 cougar, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did ot wipe any thing going from v6 to any of the revisions after that. Going from v5 to v6 I did wipe as Pete indicated. Have not had even a single issue. I am at v6.2.1 at the moment. Went to v6.2.2 but reverted back within a few moments of finding the wifi and web browser we broken. Aleah always back up your current rom when ever you go forwrd to a new version of any body's rom. That rule has saved me more than once after loading a faulty rom or a rom I ended up not liking.

3. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No you can swap between any v0.6X without a wipe

4. SupAll

SupAll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As said above, you do not need to wipe. However, if you encounter issues that can't be solved by flashing a new kernel, wiping dalvik cache, battery reset, utilization of the built-in tools, or simply reinstalling the version without a wipe, you may have to reinstall with a wipe. This is because Pete originally indicated that a wipe was mandatory when he released 6.1 shortly after 6.0.

5. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you miss this? It's the sticky at the very top of this subforum.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...bugless-beast-v0-6-2-1-gingerbread-froyo.html
    0.6.1 > 0.6. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

#5 takeshi, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. cougar

cougar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't miss it - but that statement does not explicitly say what to do if you are above 0.6, though I also assumed it was the case that you didn't have to wipe. I just wanted to be sure, given how much of a PITA it is to wipe.