Need to upgrade...s3?

4x4tx

Reaction score
Need help upgrading my sons line... is the s3 still current or should I wait until the first of the year for new releases?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That depends on if the phone on that line is still working great and getting the job done. There should be some pretty hot phones coming out 1st quarter of 2013, so that just depends on how long you/he can wait.

OP

4x4tx

Reaction score
He has a droid x and it works but has some dead spots on the screen...is slow etc... what's suppose to be coming 1st qtr?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has a droid x and it works but has some dead spots on the screen...is slow etc... what's suppose to be coming 1st qtr?

Nothing has been really announced yet but after a line of power house devices get released like what just happened, generally a few months later another batch of power house devices come out.

Currently though, if he likes the solidness and physical feel of the DROID X, I would consider a DROID RAZR HD/MAXX HD, solid phones that both get great battery life and you should be able to get a decent price on those, last I checked I think upgrade prices were $50 less than normal for whatever promotion they're running. If the HDMAXX HD is too big, the RAZR M is slightly smaller and is also a great phone, and can be had for $50 right now I think, but doesn't quit have the power house status as the HD/MAXX HD.

There is also the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Samsung Galaxy Note II, both of which are solid phones but also physically large as well. I would have him play with the phones at the VZW store and see which ones he likes.

I'm a Motorola fan, so I am a little biased towards the Motorola phones, but the RAZR HD/MAXX HD are solid phones, they don't feel like cheap plastic like some of the Samsung phones do and it will be quit the upgrade coming from a DROID X (which I used to have as well and loved).

OP

4x4tx

Reaction score
Thanks...appreciate the help