Need to unbrick in 16 hours! :/

TheCheeks

Reaction score
I love figuring out why stuff doesn't work usually. It's a puzzle. Nothing can be truly bricked for the most part. BUT, I'm freaking out here. Got a replacement DX (headphone jack issues) a few hours ago. I might have bricked it (doubt it) trying to get Rubix on it.

It said 2.3.320 when I got it (Android 2.1). I put on Rubix using 1.9.0. Worked fine except the music mod crashed all the time, it couldn't play mp3. Last time this happened, it was because I used the wrong 1.9.x. Tried to load another, never took. **** it, sbf time.

Used "VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf" and tried to flash it. It said PASS. But now it's stuck in that boot screen. Battery pull, brings it right back to Bootloader menu.

I NEED TO GET THIS RUNNING AGAIN! I'm going out of country and I need this phone in case I get separated. Thanks guys.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Someone with more X knowledge than I will be able to help better, but are you sure the version numbers on that sbf were .320 and not .135? You may need team black hat's triple threat sbf or something similar. Good luck!

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Grabbed the 'leaked' .320 sbf. Seems to have worked. PHEW. Not sure if that was the latest sbf to hit the 'net, but in my drunken state it was the only one I remembered.

Scared myself.

dvsmith2008

Reaction score
Did you wipe your phone before? If not go into recovery and do it now. That may do the trick.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Yea I am not sure what SBF that is you tried first.... It is not .15, .320, or .340 lol.... For the boot loop boot into stock recovery and do a wipe/factory reset. If problem continues then tell us where it is boot looping at.

maderschramm

Reaction score
yup, definitely flashed the wrong sbf file.
Check my tutorial on sbfing - you should be good to go after reading it, most information you can skip as you know how to get your phone detected and push the sbf file, stick to the "bootloader" information - e.g. what versions of the bootloader you have (30.03 - 30.04) and the corresponding proper .sbf file you need.

Also, if you're in a bootloop, if you go into the recovery menu (hold home while powering on) and do a "factory reset" you should resolve that issue