need to return rooted razr

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
well i cant bet money that i dont have so i have already packed up the new phone they sent me and am returning it tomarrow.i will just try to recover the phone but i think its more than the battery because of the usb saying malfunction,but im going to try.if not can you recommend someone or place to repair the phone if i am unable to recover the phone? the phone is not realy a big deal cuz i have the trusty dx to fall back on i thank you for all ur help !!!! oh if they made a 4g dx i would buy one in a secont:)

Someone on the forum may know a repair option but I don't. Good luck on the recovery. When you get the cable let us know and we'll try to help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Someone on the forum may know a repair option but I don't. Good luck on the recovery. When you get the cable let us know and we'll try to help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
thank you very much!!!

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Let the phone sit for an hour or so and try again.
still nothing i will keep trying,but im sure this phone should not get this hot.i removed the battery it was very easy to do just to try and see what was getting so hot and it was not the battery is something in the board.its getting very hot on the screen side of the phone.but i will leave it for a while longer.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
still nothing i will keep trying,but im sure this phone should not get this hot.i removed the battery it was very easy to do just to try and see what was getting so hot and it was not the battery is something in the board.its getting very hot on the screen side of the phone.but i will leave it for a while longer.
You removed the battery:shocked-b:Yeah, you better hit ebay because there is no way you can send that phone back now without them knowing the phone has been tampered with. Sorry to hear, good luck.

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Update on my phone i took the phone completely apart and found two chips on the board were getting so hot they would burn my fingers.so i purchased a new motherboard and presto i am back in business. 80$ for the new board it was a gamble but it paid off.the phone was very easy to disassemble,i was surprised.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Update on my phone i took the phone completely apart and found two chips on the board were getting so hot they would burn my fingers.so i purchased a new motherboard and presto i am back in business. 80$ for the new board it was a gamble but it paid off.the phone was very easy to disassemble,i was surprised.
Way to go...good to hear you are up and running:icon_ banana: