need to return rooted razr

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by 706woodman, Dec 9, 2012.

1. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hello all i have a question,my phone just cut off and wont come back on ,it is rooted and the trouble is it wont come back on.i have tried everything.the only thing i can get is the white led when plug into usb port.i from what i undestnd this is some sort of battery issue.my question is im returning the phone for warranty and would like to know if they will be abel to tell if it is rooted. i would wipe it but the usb wont connect to the phone.what should i do? the phone will not come on any kinda way any help would be nice thanks.

2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Plug the phone into the wall charger, don"t use a usb connection on a computer, there is not enough "juice". After you get it to a wall charger using the supplied factory cable, power the phone off, let it charge for a good 2-3 hours and then see if you can get it to boot. If will boot, then use Matt G's RazrUtility 1.82 to restore the phone back to stock. If the phone is rooted or has been rooted,they will be able to tell. But, if the phone has been returned to stock then you may not have a problem...you'll have to wait and see.

3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    You're in a situation that what I recommended above may not work. You have a dangerously low battery that may require you to get a "factory cable" or other device to get your phone back to a state that it will boot. Let us know how it goes.

4. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rooted razr

it charged all night on wall charger.the only reason i know it got the white led is because i wanted to restore it useing 1.8 utility so thats when i noticed the white light.i talked to verizon and they have already sent out the new phone.i just wish i could wipe it befor i sent it back.i dont want them to charge me for the phone.i have charged and charged it ac,verizon car charger and still wont boot.vol down plus power nothing cant get into ap fast boot.

5. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Ok try this, with the phone plugged into the wall charger, hold down the volume down button and the power button simultaneously and hold them down for at least 30 seconds...see what happens.

6. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so do you think i can take to verizon store and have it charged?and my wife has the same phone can the battery be swat out to get the phone to come back on? thanks man

7. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    No, Verizon most likely cannot/or will not be able to help. You can't replace batteries on a Razr...you do have a Razr don't you? If what I last recommended doesn't work then go here and read thread #18 by FoxKat. That thread gives you a number of links for factory cables and a device made by Team Black Hat that will enable you to get the phone going: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/231877-razr-maxx-wet-washing-machine.html

8. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nothing..

9. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    At this point I think you have two options...go the thread I mentioned above, get a factory cable or the device offered by Team Black Hat or return the phone to Verizon as is and take your chances.

10. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok thank you very much for the help.last question should i just tell them it came back on and send the replacement back cuz i cant pay for a new phone when they see its rooted runing a custom rom.

11. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Well, if you get one of those factory cables or the other device that is available you can fix your phone. If you decide to return the phone they are sending you then there should not be a charge for returning the replacement phone. If you keep the replacement and return your phone they may not charge you the full price of a phone, but my guess is they will charge you a couple hundred dollars at a minimum. I wouldn't bet on them ignoring the fact that the warranty was voided (root and custom rom) and just fix the phone without a charge.

12. kricks5

kricks5 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi don't mean to interrupt but im having a similar issue. I rooted my razr a while back.. I noticed about a two days ago that my battery took a very long time to charge even on airplane mode.. I woke up this morning and the entire phone was burning up ! the thermal protection had turned on. it cooled down after I turned it off for about 10 minutes, now its hardly charging at all. I thought it was the launcher app I downloaded so I uninstalled it and a few other apps I downloaded the night before but still no progress. I want to call verizon and get this fixed before its completely ruined but since its rooted I doubt they can help me, please tell me you can !!!!

13. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    re return rooted razr

ok i have orded the cable and the new phone is already here ,but i am not going to open it just yet.new question i still have the white light but now when i try to connect it to the usb it says the device has malfunction cant reconnize,so if when my cable gets here and it still wont turn my phone on with the programming cable does that mean that if i cant see whats on the phone via screen or usb that they cant see either?? also i take care of my phone screen protector and case but that lil thin strip above the camera on back has a little crack place in it,will this be an issue you think?other than that its in great shape other than the fact it wont power on.also i too noiticed befor all this took place that my razr also said something a few times about over heating.ya know im not trying to rip them out of a phone cuz whatever happend had nothing to do with rooting or custom rom , but because its rooted thats what they will say.iv been runnig artic for 3 months and it was awsome like stock but lots bertter! i would also like to ask if i send mine in and they denie my warranty can i send their phone back unopened and them send me mine back? im just waiting on the cable to see if it turns the phone on at all if so i will wipe and restore to stock,and i guess if not i will take a shot that they wont be able to see to tell what ya think?

14. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    No, that doesn't mean they can't determine the phone is rooted...they have the tools to recover your phone unless their is a serious hardware failure. If they notice the crack they can use that as evidence that the phone was damaged beyond normal use...they may not notice it, but don't count on it. I don't know if they will return your phone or not. You'll have to talk to them if you're unable to recover your phone and send it back to them. They usually just send you a message stating they discovered the damage and inform you that your warranty agreement was voided and bill you...the bill is not always the full replacement price of the phone. They usually pro rate the charge.

15. 706woodman

706woodman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i cant bet money that i dont have so i have already packed up the new phone they sent me and am returning it tomarrow.i will just try to recover the phone but i think its more than the battery because of the usb saying malfunction,but im going to try.if not can you recommend someone or place to repair the phone if i am unable to recover the phone? the phone is not realy a big deal cuz i have the trusty dx to fall back on i thank you for all ur help !!!! oh if they made a 4g dx i would buy one in a secont:)

Search tags for this page

return rooted razr to stock

return rooted razr warranty