Need to Rant and get this off my chest!!

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Someone else already mentioned this, but the $169 deductible is pretty reasonable since it's like a $700 phone. $199 is just the subsidized price that they give you when you sign on for another 2 years of service.

But yeah, you were definitely misinformed about the deductible pricing. The iPhone is a 'special device' and has a higher cost per month and deductible than other smart phones. I ordered a coworker an iPad for work with insurance on it, and the associate gave me correct information regarding that. I think it's just a matter of employee knowledge when you go - you just have to hope you get someone who knows their stuff.

I was, however, misinformed about the data deal (you know, the double the data for the same price thingy) and tablets. One rep told me that, yes, since the new iPad has 4G, it was eligible for the promotion and to call in when I activated to make sure it's applied. So, I called in and another rep told me that the promo isn't available for tablets, just smartphones. She even called the first associate to find out if maybe there was some special extra promo, and no, the first was just uninformed. I was pretty irritated.

rza49311

Reaction score
Its sad to say but I wouldn't trust any Verizon sales associate. They are usually misinformed or simple just don't know. You have to do the research yourself to find out all the fine print. I went with a squaretrade warranty for my wife's iphone instead of Asurion.

On a side note, she also got an otterbox defender which helps greatly in protecting the phone.

Last edited:

huskur

Reaction score
That is part of why I am so damn mad...they totally misinformed me...they should have told me about the AppleCare+ and not hooked me into that Asurion crap. I had no idea you could get AppleCare+ if you didn't buy directly from Apple...I feel very stupid about that now but hopefully I can get it for after this repair.

Another question someone might know...if I do have the screen repaired will that void the warranty?

How would they know you had the screen replaced unless you tell them? Your warranty will still be intact.

Worst case scenario is you get the glass off ebay. Watch a tutorial on youtube on how to change it and do it yourself.

Kasey923

Reaction score
Just for reference, I used to sell audio equipment for Guitar Center. Apple doesn't sell cheap to their retailers either. For a $2400 studio Mac, Apple might sell that to Guitar Center for $2250, if they're lucky.
That said, phone insurance is always a ripoff, because they always lie to you. I was told if my DC malfunctioned I could get a new one within cuz timeframe, yet they sent me a refurb. I know now that's their policy, but Verizon has salespeople on the floor telling blatant lies to customers spending hundreds on new phones. #despicable

DX CM9

SEColwell

Reaction score
Take it to an apple store ....my friend has an iphone 4 and was 36 days out of his 1 yr warranty and the home but stopped working and the apple store replaced his device for free.....that was about 3 weeks ago.....worth a try

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx®™

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pay $100 to get it repaired.
Go to the store after the repair and get AppleCare+
Cancel the insurance if you don't think you will ever lose the phone.

Apex89

Reaction score
Yeah it has been said, but apple care really is the much better option. And I would try to get my money back for the insurance that you've already paid for since you aren't even supposed to be allowed to go through Asurion for the iphone. And also, tell your daughter to take better care of such expensive things!;) It is (kind of) inevitable that the screen will break at some point, but dang, it hasn't even been a month! Haha.