Need to put Incredible back to "normal"

jmhardy

Reaction score
A few months ago, I installed ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1 and Nandroid. I really should have never done it, because I don't know what I'm doing and now I want to be able to put my phone back to "normal" so that I can install the OTA 2.2 Verizon/HTC is pushing to me. Every time I try to install it I end up on the triangle scree, hit power button and get the ClockworkMod menu (no ROM Manager, by the way). Anyway, all I am trying to do is "un-do" what I did before...I don't want to be "rooted" or do anything other than use my phone. Can someone take pity on me and walk me through this? I am assuming I can download some stock image that would replace all of this ClockworkMod/Nandroid stuff and make the phone able to take OTA updates? I'm begging you here.....thanks for any help anyone can offer.

(battery is full)

mr.verizon

Reaction score
I need help

I have watched the video on "How to unroot my Incredible" on youtube several times and have done everything that he has done in the video, but when he goes to Hboot screen and gets the status bar in the top left corner, I don't. I dont know what I'm doing wrong!! I even took a brand new SD card and formatted it to FAT32 and then downloaded the file onto it and it still didn't work. Any suggestions?
Thank you

OP
J

jmhardy

Reaction score
Incredible

I ended up having to put my Incredible back to the "stock" image, then upgrading to the latest version of 2.1, and THEN applying the 2.2 update. After all that, I'm up and running and loving it.

mr.verizon

Reaction score
I need help

That is what I'm trying to do, I want to put my phone back to the "stock" image and then try rooting it again. I like what I can do with rooting it, but some things are not working so I want to start fresh. My voice GPS isn't working and it sometimes just randomly shuts off. Can you please explain how to get it back to like it came out of the box?
Thank you...