Need to know if Droid Bionic Lapdock will work with MAXX...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Krenzy said:
I am using my MAXX in the Bionic Lapdock, works and charges just fine with no issues. I had to remove some of the plastic around the HDMI and USB pegs so the MAXX would seat nicely.

+1
Me too... got the $50 deal!

Wife freaked when she saw me hacking at it as soon as I opened it.. :)

Works pretty good.. no issues running webtop 3.0 on ICS!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Last edited:
OP
B

blowabs

Reaction score
+1
Me too... got the $50 deal!

Wife freaked when she saw me hacking at it as soon as I opened it.. :)

Works pretty good.. no issues running webtop 3.0 on ICS!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Had to buy it for $110 early this morning on ebay...couldnt wait for VZ to getr em back in again. :icon_evil: Plus my ipad3 Vz 4G limit comes usually 2 weekls too early.
Will sell this to another Razr Maxx buddy when the LD 500 goes on sale again. [Will look to find dremmel and bits tonight...]

duncan0553

Reaction score
I got my lapdoc yesterday and going to do some work on it this morning. I was able to find a store that was like 5 minutes from my house that had one in stock (last one). For $50 bucks you can't go wrong. I will let everyone know how it goes with the "work" on it. I might try to post a pic or two. I can't find any pictures anywhere.

duncan0553

Reaction score
I am using the Bionic lapdock to send this out. It seems to be working great. I am going try to insert some pics I took after the work to get it to fit.

2012-06-18_12-54-24_834.jpg

2012-06-18_12-19-00_639.jpg

2012-06-18_12-18-47_341.jpg

The last one is where I put some electrical tape over the area where the hole was to prevent anything from going in and to make it look better.

duncan0553

Reaction score
ok' now i have a question about why i can't watch anything with my netflex account using the lapdock? any thoughts? i can get to the home page for netflix but then when i press a movie it sends me to a system requirements page.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Try using the phone app for netflix. I couldn't get it to work on the Firefox browser. but with the phone app it sometimes resets the phone when you exit a playing film without letting it play to the end. at least on the 500 and the hd dock. I know just hook my phone up to my TV with the hd dock with the three usb ports and have a Wireless mouse and keyboard. Looks great in 32" hd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Try using the phone app for netflix. I couldn't get it to work on the Firefox browser. but with the phone app it sometimes resets the phone when you exit a playing film without letting it play to the end. at least on the 500 and the hd dock. I know just hook my phone up to my TV with the hd dock with the three usb ports and have a Wireless mouse and keyboard. Looks great in 32" hd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

You have to use the market app, the lap dock doesn't come with it. Haven't tried the browser method yet.

duncan0553

Reaction score
Jxpinc, when I tried going through the phone app, it played the movie but power cycled (turned phone off then back on) when I stopped the movie. As I have to stop the movie several times before the end of it, I think it might start to damage the phone. Does anyone else have any thoughts about how to work around this issue?

Also tonight I had good 4G service but when I hooked it up to the lapdock it had a hard time finding service. Any thoughts on that as well?

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you. I'm hoping ICS will help on this front. Usually just pausing the movie is fine but when I exit the app during a movie it will restart the phone. Lapdock or hd docking station.

saran

Reaction score
Need to know if Droid Bionic Lapdock will work with DROID 3

Plz suggest me how to use DROID 3 in Droid bionic lapdock! guide me to do any alteration for the same..